Why one cop carries 145 rounds of ammo on the job

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spray and pray is fine, until you hit a bad primer. I bought a batch of Wolf ammo and was having some fun until I hit a dud. Pays to stay in practice with the semis, drop that mag first, then clear. Comes as a surprise, though.

Wait...?.....Why you droping the mag?.....tap,rack... seems like a better idea

.is there just one p in dropping

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Photobucket dropped my pic of the Keltec, I don't know why Photobucket will drop pics. I'm afraid it's my Windows security firewall. Have been tweeking it to see if the pic can be recovered. Am posting this pic of my Glock to see if it holds.

[Broken External Image]

Last edited:

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wait...?.....Why you droping the mag?.....tap,rack... seems like a better idea

.is there just one p in dropping

Well, it's an immediate action drill I got into when I bought some after market mags for my 9mm Makarovs. The mags were for .380 Makarov, and there were feeding issues. I got to where I could get the semi back into action very fast by reacting to this by dropping and clearing, then reinserting another mag. The others ways cost me additional seconds. Since then I've gotten a hold of genuine East German mags that fit my Russians just fine. And they've never had any issues at all. In all I've got 7 Makarov mags. I threw away the .380 mags. Ive got a triple mag pouch that holds six mags, plus I've got one in the pistol, for seven.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it's an immediate action drill I got into when I bought some after market mags for my 9mm Makarovs. The mags were for .380 Makarov, and there were feeding issues. I got to where I could get the semi back into action very fast by reacting to this by dropping and clearing, then reinserting another mag. The others ways cost me additional seconds. Since then I've gotten a hold of genuine East German mags that fit my Russians just fine. And they've never had any issues at all. In all I've got 7 Makarov mags. I threw away the .380 mags. Ive got a triple mag pouch that holds six mags, plus I've got one in the pistol, for seven.

AHHH, I see.
You might want to start the tap,rack,,,,dropping a full mag when a whack would fix it would save lots of time and searching for dropped mags in a fight....jusayin... ;)

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
AHHH, I see.
You might want to start the tap,rack,,,,dropping a full mag when a whack would fix it would save lots of time and searching for dropped mags in a fight....jusayin... ;)

With the .380 mag, it would occasionally load the round part way, at an angle and I couldn't get the slide to push it in. I couldn't extract the round without another coming up and making the matter worse. So by dropping the mag and pulling the slide back, I cleared it completely, and put a fresh mag in. These FTFs didn't happen all the time, but did happen more than occasionally, and I got fast at dealing with FTFs. Another time I bought some Wolf ammo that had some iffy primers...haha!

Latest posts

Top Bottom