Why one cop carries 145 rounds of ammo on the job

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good story. Glad to hear it had a good outcome. It's amazing what stress will do to one's mind; ie, the cop not running the suspect over with his squad car and the suspect not grabbing his rifle off the front seat.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Now he goes to work carrying 145 handgun rounds, all 9mm."

The .45 didn't work so he dropped down to 9mm for his primary gun so he can carry more ammunition.
Here's a guy that's always thinking.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Now he goes to work carrying 145 handgun rounds, all 9mm."

The .45 didn't work so he dropped down to 9mm for his primary gun so he can carry more ammunition.
Here's a guy that's always thinking.

Or maybe he checked out the ballistics and realized that 9mm and .45 are pretty close when using modern hollow points.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good read, maybe 10mm should be revisited?

Maybe one isolated incident shouldn't make us all doubt ourselves or decide we were right/wrong all along?

Look, I have not killed a lot of animals, but I have killed enough to know that there is not a single "recipe" for getting the exact same results, aside from the CNS shots that shut any living thing off like a light bulb, and I bet there are even exceptions to that, though few and very far between. The cop in the story may have done some things wrong, and some things right. He lived so I would say he "won". That doesn't mean a cop with a 1911 and only 2 extra mags for a total of 24 rounds would have died. Or even that the same cop now with his 145 rounds would be better off.

Make an educated decision based on the BULK of the evidence out there coupled with what works for you, TRAIN with whatever you decide on, and then pray that you are never in a situation were you have to find out if you are right or not. After all, there is only one gunfight you need to be ready for, and it's not the one from this story, and nobody will win, I just hope to avoid playing the role of the dead guy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom