Why one cop carries 145 rounds of ammo on the job

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This spray and pray stuff is awesome! 145 rounds might not be enough for this fella.

Based on the type of shooting and the number of hits, I'm not sure how this qualifies as "spray and pray"? :scratch:

Source for verification please.

"Now he goes to work carrying 145 handgun rounds, all 9mm."

The .45 didn't work so he dropped down to 9mm for his primary gun so he can carry more ammunition.
Here's a guy that's always thinking.

Current data with modern defensive handgun ammo shows that the wounding capacity between 9mm, .40S&W and .45ACP would fall within the statistical margin of error. That, coupled with the normal accuracy increase with 9mm over the other two could be a deciding factor.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So much for the .45 being a "fight stopper".

I would imagine the shots that ended the fight would have been just as effective with a 9mm as a .45. Apparently the Officer agrees with this assessment.

Great read and glad the officer had good marksmanship.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it was me I would have stuck with .45. That is crazy he got hit so many times and didnt go down.

Sometimes folks are just to crazy to stop, 14 years ago when I was in school we watched an officer survival video and there was and officer on there who's partner was killed and they put something like 22 .357 mags in the suspect at pointblank. That suspect didn't even have a firearm I guess it boils down to had bad you want to live because of the same video an officer was in his car doing paperwork and a guy walked up and put a 20 gauge slug through the officers face and he survived. I have seen many videos and articles where the suspect just wouldn't go down and no drugs were found in their system and it is crazy but I wouldn't say uncommon as one would think.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On another forum I read about a murderer in new york that got hit either 13 or 19 times with 9mm speer gold dots and lived. He was in a gunfight with the NYPD and they fired close to 100 rounds at him.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Am thinking .44 mag 4" bbl, DA as primary after reflecting on OP's posting. Keep my Star Wars semis as backup. Gonna Bing Ruger, see if they got an Alaskan...I Binged it, perfect hand gun - but a 2 1/2 " bbl aint gonna cut it.

Edit: The Ruger Model 5026; .44 Remington magnum 4" bbl DA. This fits the bill. Pricey, but I don't care what it costs. I see from this thread how .45, 9mm, and .357 magnum perform in situations involving demon like assailants. I have a .44 mag with 8" bbl, and it pulverizes cinder blocks - the old cement filled ones. But 8" is too much bbl for carry. Looks like the 5026 is gonna get the nod. But I'm looking at one other place - I dare not say the name...

Last edited:

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why did he only have 47 rounds to begin with? First magazine went dry after 13? It should have been 13+1 first, then 2x13 and 10+1 in the G26. That's 51 rounds. It looks like all his mags were downloaded 1 round.

Correct with the exception of single stack mags you download by 1 round. 30 round AR-15 magazines hold 28 rounds not 30. Download them by 2.

Latest posts

Top Bottom