Why people(gun owners or pro 2nd Amendment folks) keep using paypal??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth-Vang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed that lots of people on gun sites or forums continuously keeps on using Paypal…the ones who use it, y’all do know that Paypal is “antigun” right? I don’t think anynody ever heard of “Guntabs.” Look it up. Please stop supporting the organization that explicitly stated that they are anti gun….

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate Paypal, but it's required to buy stuff on Ebay (or it used to be) so everyone has it. That makes it an easy way to move money without headaches. I wish someone would open a Paypal for conservatives.
As for Guntabs, it's an escrow service so only good for gun buying from one individual to another, so I might use it once every six months to a year. I'm more likely to use the Coign card since most of what I buy is new.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear you but I can throw a rock in any direction and hit a business or a person that’s “pro” something I can’t stand or “anti” something I really like. I try not to care and I don’t “cancel” anyone. (Unless you’re a dickhead during a trade, then you get blocked)
People and businesses have all kinds of reasons for believing what they do just like I do.

This may be the wrong approach, I’m not a genius or anything. It does save me a lot of grief about people and places I have no control over.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife has used Paypal a good bit, and she even had a Paypal credit card. We went to purchase some ammunition up in Idaho some weeks/months back and was declined. So, she tried it again for something later that was not gun related, and it was declined again.

She called the company, and they said her account was "suspended" because they had sent out something in the mail to her and it got returned. We'd never heard of such a thing, so we are thinking that they didn't want to admit that an ammunition purchase was what really caused it.

Anyway, she paid off the balance shortly thereafter and canceled the credit card. Replaced it with a credit card from USAA. Now, THAT is a company that I can get behind.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gawd I'm old school. I don't use any electronic payment service whatsoever. Cash and money orders only for me. I have accepted a personal check here and there, from established members.

I do not use any electronic pay methods either except I do have 1 credit card.
I use it for Food and gasoline.
And car parts online.

I do not have a debit card either. Just a bad idea all around on that thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom