Why planes crash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok all you Air Force and air craft geniuses.

Wif in hospital and TV would only pick up 1 station
National Geographic telling stories of commercial airline crashes.

737 takes off from Miami, headed to Cozumel. Has explosion in cargo hold and goes down. No physical evidence to examine.

Looking at the manifest to see what was in the cargo hold.

1. Spare tire (wtF!) Are they going to have a flat and change a tire MID-FLIGHT?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok all you Air Force and air craft geniuses.

Wif in hospital and TV would only pick up 1 station
National Geographic telling stories of commercial airline crashes.

737 takes off from Miami, headed to Cozumel. Has explosion in cargo hold and goes down. No physical evidence to examine.

Looking at the manifest to see what was in the cargo hold.

1. Spare tire (wtF!) Are they going to have a flat and change a tire MID-FLIGHT?
Airlines are always transporting what’s called “comat”, which is short for company materials. These can range anywhere from office supplies to aircraft parts, which includes tires.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I forget the actual percentage but it is in the high nineties =pilot error. That is the biggest factor in plane crashes/incidents.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I highly suggest watching the 2013 movie Charlie Victor Romeo. It’s a simply made play type movie where they reenact black box recordings. It’s pretty intense, and eye opening. I highly suggest it. I don’t know if it’s being streamed anywhere for free, but I looks like it’s on Amazon and YouTube for a small fee. Worth it.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I forget the actual percentage but it is in the high nineties =pilot error. That is the biggest factor in plane crashes/incidents.

This crash was the company idiocy.
The O2 masks, that drop for passenger use, us a canister that produces a chemical reaction (and lots of heat) to emit O2.
The flight was the last before maintenance. They had loaded new canisters, loose in a box, top be installed, during maintenance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom