Why SG Ammo sucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone actually know how ammunition sales and distribution works? Just curious because I assume there’s must be some sort of network between the manufacturers, wholesalers, and retailers. SGA might have higher overhead than an online dealer that lets someone else do their shipping.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a few customers, what you’re wanting might be an acceptable option, but if a pick up service was offered, I would bet that the SG loading dock would end up like a gun store counter in short order with people just hanging around.
Again, I get it and absolutely don’t blame them for their policy.
I don't think that would happen.
I'm looking at Powder Valley as an example, they are an "mostly" online dealer for powders, bullets, & other reloading components. They ship stuff out every day. But on the checkout form, you can choose local pick-up, which takes the shipping cost & hazmat cost off your order. Their store doesn't have people hanging around talking bs. Someone shows up to pick up their order & then leaves. It can be done.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, speak of the devil. I just saw my email too. :lmfao:

Sales taxes on internet sales have been “mandatory“ for a few years now.

Actually that's not exactly right. The state has to prove the retailer has nexus in the state in question before the seller is forced to collect a particular state's sales tax.

Nexus is established by a physical presence or because the seller routinely shipping to the state on a regular basis. Corrected after rereading the decision ..

The legislation provides a safe harbor for small sellers: a remote seller must make in-state sales exceeding $100,000 or makes 200 or more separate sales transactions in the previous or current calendar year for the nexus provision to apply. The legislation also ensures that the nexus provision does not apply retroactively.

I had a bad taste in my mouth over that Supreme Court Decision and though they wiped their butts with Constitution and opened the door for interstate taxation.

It also proves that going to a government court and getting a government judge to rule against the government is a hard almost impossible task. Especially where money is concerned

Sales taxes should be abolished in their entirety IMO

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I unsubscribed from SGA’s emails because their prices went from competitive with shipping, to uncompetitive. Nothing against SGA, but I’m not searching to waste my time.

I found Green Country Ammo and they had exactly what I wanted at an attractive price, but they wouldn’t allow local pick up and their shipping charges put them in a very uncompetitive price range. So I ordered from someone else with good shipping prices.

It’s nothing personal, just business. If they’re not in the drama business, why should I be? :anyone:

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Loyalty to any company is a one sided affair, that’s the slickest trick anyone ever pulled is convincing people that brand loyalty would reward THEM. I, like others, just buy wherever is cheapest at the time online. Don’t like somewhere, don’t use them. Simple as that.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure that if SGA was loosing a significant amount of business by not having a "will call" door he would have implemented that some time ago.
There may also be higher insurance costs and legal considerations by having walk-in customers.

If he hasn’t had a will-call door in the past, how would he know how much business he was losing by not having one?

Latest posts

Top Bottom