Why Subsonic?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, how often do they do that. I am on about 4000 of them and have a few dozen thousand more to shoot. When should I expect my 1st squib?

Honestly, I shoot them from my bolt action all the time. Have used them occasionally with 10/22 and Model 60's. I have also used them in pistols. The only problem I have ever had is not enough recoil to cycle a semi-auto.
I can't tell ya. They wouldn't be a squib load if they are loaded to factory specs. I just remember reading that years ago on the box. I wouldn't try them in my M-12 with a 26" barrel. They wouldn't cycle any of my semi-autos either.

sleepyj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you do any longer range 22 shooting past a 100 yards it stops the bullet from going from super sonic to transonic. When it drops back below the super sonic range it can cause the bullet to become unstable. I use subs when i do the long range online shoots. I also have a ultra lux cz with a 26.5 in barrel with subs its almost suppressor quite its a squirrel slayer.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just shot some CCI Quiet 22 out of an old Winchester 67 ten minutes ago. Barrel length is 27". Muzzle velocity is 710 on the box.

Aimed for the center of an 8" plate at 15 yards offhand and smacked it. Second shot was aiming for the splash on the target and missed by a whopping 1/8", the splashes overlapped.

Will be using this setup to nail raccoons during deer season in hopes to keep from spooking the deer. It is pellet gun quiet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom