Why the Army is Better and Bigger!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Air Force has a Navy too. When my dad was stationed at Tyndall I saw what I first thought were sailors. They were wearing the white hats, bell bottom pants and blue shirts with Air Force stripes. I asked him what they were and he told me they were assigned to drone recovery and worked on boats.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ships_of_the_United_States_Air_Force

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Eh, the USAF has a Navy... sort of at Wake Island, Landing Craft used for sport fishing. Lot's of fun of you can pull in the fish before the sharks chew off the body.

TeleStratMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A career Army man told me if I ever joined the military to join the Air Force because they have the best Bases-Barracks-Food- and everything else. I followed his advice and sure glad that I did.
The Air Force prides itself that it is completely different than the Army Air Corps that it came from. In the Air Force Enlisted rank is made slower than the other branches but also they are a LOT SLOWER to take it away than the Army.
I read the late Chris Kyle's book "American Sniper" and he did not think very highly of Regular Army and its B.S. He served with several different Branches during his 4 tours in the Middle East.
He said he loved an Army Guard or Reserve Unit from Arkansas that he served along side. He basically stated that the Regular Army sucks. Read the book for yourself.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A career Army man told me if I ever joined the military to join the Air Force because they have the best Bases-Barracks-Food- and everything else. I followed his advice and sure glad that I did.
The Air Force prides itself that it is completely different than the Army Air Corps that it came from. In the Air Force Enlisted rank is made slower than the other branches but also they are a LOT SLOWER to take it away than the Army.
I read the late Chris Kyle's book "American Sniper" and he did not think very highly of Regular Army and its B.S. He served with several different Branches during his 4 tours in the Middle East.
He said he loved an Army Guard or Reserve Unit from Arkansas that he served along side. He basically stated that the Regular Army sucks. Read the book for yourself.

There are probably lots of reasons Chris Kyle didn’t like army combat units.
There are units that could equal his expertise, and there were Units that were inept in combat situations.
The Army churns out “leaders” two ways.
Either West Point graduates that come into the ranks as an O2,or O1’s that come through the ranks in officer candidate schools.
Both are dangerous because they will get you killed with their idealilogy that think combat is a static environment like trench war fare of WW I.
The military only supports and finances the military from lessons learned from the last war, not the current conflict
Its historically Correct

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I recall is that he loved the guys in the field, but he (and the other SEALs) hated the Army's screwed up "justice" system that tried to hang a SEAL sniper who killed an insurgent who was trying to kill the Army guys he was protecting. (Basically, the bad guys cleaned up the scene and trotted out a "grieving" mother, and the Army investigators fell for it, hook, line, and sinker. IIRC, the only thing that saved the SEAL was that the "eyewitnesses" claimed the shooter was wearing an Army uniform, rather than the SEALs' Navy uniform.)

According to Kyle, the SEAL snipers refused to do overwatch for the Army for a long time after that, but it had nothing to do with the soldiers on the ground.

Latest posts

Top Bottom