Why the explanation in a for sale ad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, I understand it was a limited run for Walmart only. When I saw it way back as a newlywed, I had to have one. Actually put it on layaway because we couldn’t afford it at the time! I think it was $229

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"He said his wife needed heart surgery and she had no insurance."

There was a guy that sat up it every gun show in and around Houston, back in 80s and 90s. He had the highest prices on the place

Anytime the question was asked, that was this answer.

After seeing him a few times, of her had something I was interested in, it would ask him why? Get his answer and offer him half price, saying he must be desperate to sell.

Didn't take but a few times and he would recognize me.

I made a few buys and trades, after that.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Id guess the stories are just filler. It's like some of the other stuff that goes on here. I was even laughing at the BBQ thread. That devolved quickly.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, as long as we're complaining about for sale ads...

Why do people cover the license plates on a car they're selling? I can almost understand (no, I really can't...) why someone would cover a gun serial number. But knowing a serial number can be very important on some guns to a potential buyer.

And then there's the guy that lists "Gun For Sale: $xxx". And nothing else.

When we were looking at houses some of the pictures of places made me want to throw up. Or, they were so out of focus you couldn't tell what you were looking at. If you're trying to sell a $400,000 house, nice pictures of a CLEAN house go a long way to successful marketing. Flush the damn toilet, too...

I'm no pro photographer but I try to take decent pictures and provide a fairly detailed description of anything I'm selling online.

The "...text me for pics" thing irritates the hell outta me, too. So you'd rather send pictures 15 or 20 times instead of just posting them once?

Who am I kidding? Most things these days irritate the hell outta me... Just add these things to the very long list.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, as long as we're complaining about for sale ads...

Why do people cover the license plates on a car they're selling? I can almost understand (no, I really can't...) why someone would cover a gun serial number. But knowing a serial number can be very important on some guns to a potential buyer.

And then there's the guy that lists "Gun For Sale: $xxx". And nothing else.

When we were looking at houses some of the pictures of places made me want to throw up. Or, they were so out of focus you couldn't tell what you were looking at. If you're trying to sell a $400,000 house, nice pictures of a CLEAN house go a long way to successful marketing. Flush the damn toilet, too...

I'm no pro photographer but I try to take decent pictures and provide a fairly detailed description of anything I'm selling online.

The "...text me for pics" thing irritates the hell outta me, too. So you'd rather send pictures 15 or 20 times instead of just posting them once?

Who am I kidding? Most things these days irritate the hell outta me... Just add these things to the very long list.
Or how about the pictures that look amazing and then you get out there and say what the hell. This place is a dump and it sure ain't what I was looking at in the pictures

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, I understand it was a limited run for Walmart only. When I saw it way back as a newlywed, I had to have one. Actually put it on layaway because we couldn’t afford it at the time! I think it was $229
That must have been around the time I paid $300 for a new in the box Colt Python.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
What happened with that. Guess I missed it
The group was asked suggestions for a BBQ place in Norman. It eventually devolved into riding to Wellston, going to Tulsa, somebody's brother makes good BBQ near Ada, you hate BBQ if it isn't spicy and black pepper is for girls. It was hilarious. (I've embellished the story to shorten it before anybody wants to point out it's factually incorrect.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom