why the new jack reacher movie sucks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up watching the midnight viewing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show, where the audience participates. If I'm at a movie and Matt Damon appears in a scene, I yell PRICK! Unfortunately I never get to see the end of those movies and my wife swears she will never go to a movie with me again.
Go figure.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I liked the first Reacher movie, although casting Tom Cruise was a joke. The second one really sucked, and I remember thinking "this whole movie is people running all over creation with moments of crap acting in between". Then as the credits rolled, I saw why. The movie was bankrolled in large part by two Chinese investment groups.

It's too bad, because with the right lead like Dwayne Johnson (aka the Rock) it could've turned into a pretty good franchise.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The second Reacher movie was based on the Never Go Back book and there was a lot going on simultaneously in the story. It's tough to condense all that down into a two hour film. The first movie did a little better job of getting the story across in the time format. I think personality-wise Cruise does a ~decent~ job as Reacher but I agree; I'd rather have somehow who fits the part better physically.

Latest posts

Top Bottom