why trying to carjack someone in the US Is a bad idea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:thumbup3:

Way back when I was stationed at Williams AFB (early 80s) there was an epidemic of violent carjackings in Phoenix. Phoenix PD SWAT guys started riding around in nice cars dressed as businessmen.

It didn't take long until the first dude tried to jack the MP5 toting "businessmen". It ended badly for him and a few others after that. Carjackings slowed considerably.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:thumbup3:

Way back when I was stationed at Williams AFB (early 80s) there was an epidemic of violent carjackings in Phoenix. Phoenix PD SWAT guys started riding around in nice cars dressed as businessmen.

It didn't take long until the first dude tried to jack the MP5 toting "businessmen". It ended badly for him and a few others after that. Carjackings slowed considerably.

Make me think of the bait cars. But for blood. I like that. Put a few in the ground and that definitely does influence the other criminals.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make me think of the bait cars. But for blood. I like that. Put a few in the ground and that definitely does influence the other criminals.
I cannot remember where it was, I think Atlanta, but there was an episode where an undercover was dressed as a clown going to a gig. He parks his bait car at a local Stop N Rob and as he is getting out, the thief is getting into the car to steal it. He actually waits patiently for the clown to get out even holding the door for him while he gets in and drives off.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cannot remember where it was, I think Atlanta, but there was an episode where an undercover was dressed as a clown going to a gig. He parks his bait car at a local Stop N Rob and as he is getting out, the thief is getting into the car to steal it. He actually waits patiently for the clown to get out even holding the door for him while he gets in and drives off.
The brazenness. No fear

Latest posts

Top Bottom