Why would a Glock not cycle 147gr rds with a suppressor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had to do several re-shoots with 147 grain reloads cause the timer didn't pick it up. I'm going to switch to 124 grain for my next batch of reloads and see what happens.

Either the OKCGC timers are not adequate or the sensitivity is set too high on them. Several times when shooting steel challenge we have had issues with .22 rifles. At the last match we ended up using my timer after the first stage. On the first stage we had problems with 3 guns. After that we did not have an issue on any guns. I even ran my PCC suppressed on the subsequent stages.Now that I think about it, you may have even been on our squad.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It helps to have RO's who know how to adjust timer sensitivity. I've run practical matches with a suppressed .22LR and all I did was hand my timer to the RO's, which was set to max sensitivity, with instructions to hold it to the side of the gun at the last target array as opposed to directly behind me. Works like a charm!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, I see it all the time.
Go to any USPSA, steel challenge, or 3 gun match where competitors are known to use aftermarket products. 90% of all failures at the matches are from Glocks that have been messed with.

Maybe you should actually pay attention when you're at the range.
LOL, when they're not 1911 shooters who can't disengage a thumb safety or activate a grip safety?

Your numbers are WAY off. LOL

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
LOL, when they're not 1911 shooters who can't disengage a thumb safety or activate a grip safety?

Your numbers are WAY off. LOL

90% being Glocks is pretty accurate. 1911's are 2nd place for jams. I don't count not disengaging safeties because that's an error of the user, not the gun.
The only gun I've seen jam and double feed more than a glock is the FNX 45, but those aren't that prevalent.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's funny how my Gen3 G17 will run 128-130pf competition 147 reloads (890fps) like a Swiss watch with a threaded Bar-Sto and Evo-9 can, but I hand it to other IDPA competitors and it will fail to eject frequently. After a match one day, half my squad shot it and it choked on all of them. I'd take it back and run a half mag through without issue, like I was a magician. It got to the point it became a challenge for the rest of them to make it run. Fun times!

When you have a firm grip and wrist lock that's like putting the pistol in a rest, a semi auto runs much better on light ammo. I don't use a suppressor, but some who try my range loads in a stock M&P get feeding problems from letting the gun flip up. I've noted some of you who look like you're "locking" on the gun until the bullets fly out with little gun motion. Good technique!

Latest posts

Top Bottom