Wife’s concealed carry question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd bet my paycheck that you can carry into the building past the school doors with out problem. I'd also bet that if your wife were to check into it more her company does have a policy against having a firearm on premises. Hard for me to believe that a company large enough to take up 2-3 floors of a mid rise doesn't have a firearms policy. Would hate for her to find out the hard way that guns in the place of business are a fire able offense.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you looking at it as a requirement to provide easement? It doesn't seem right that a lessee (tech school) can control ingress and egress or set rules to other lessee leaseholds, for which they aren't the lessor.

I'm sure if you asked 10 different lawyers, you'd get 10 different legal opinions on this one. It should be as much a matter of contract law as SDA law. I highly doubt that anyone who wrote the legislation actually considered such a unique situation. No law covers every eventuality.

That is a good point, but my belief is that the common areas are not legally part of the school since they are set aside for the use of all tenants.

This situation exists in many commercial buildings.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is a good point, but my belief is that the common areas are not legally part of the school since they are set aside for the use of all tenants.

This situation exists in many commercial buildings.

The school only leases the office space. Common areas are not leased nor controlled by the tenants. From their door beyond is what they control.

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess some of us want to die like good little victims. Like some in the government or some businesses want you too. Unless they guarantee your safety and security by armed guard in every room. By Gawd claim your human magnificence male or female and prepare to defend yourselves. In these times screw the signs and rules made by wussies. Conceal your weapon and keep your mouth shut.

6shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. Talking to her last night she’s worried that if she starts stirring the pot it just might blow up. She has decided to take it up at the next directors meeting and see what the general opinion might be and do some back door investigating as to the opinion and rules of the other business that occupy the building. She understands like some have said, concealed is concealed. While not being too concerned about someone getting to her floors it’s the trip from parking lot to the building and drive to and from work. The building is not in a real bad area, some low income around the area, it’s that being aware of your surroundings before you exit.

6shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She writes the policies and probably would have to fire herself. You ask why she is worried. It’s the school, and the sign that she is questioning. She understands the policy about the sign we both break it sometimes when we go to a restaurant we like but what the heck. Yes everyone shouts concealed is concealed and it’s my right and so on but, when it gets down to it are you really willing to lose a 6 figure income if you were making that or any income. Sure they can ask you to leave at a restaurant but if it happens at work chance are you won’t be coming back. Some small companies with less than 200 employees may not have it written down or it might be a suggested rule, no guns. Small companies may or may not have a HR department just a receptionist that hands out pay checks and gives you that “oh by the way the boss wants to see you in his office now”! Just my thoughts guys so don’t take offence.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the 'concealed is concealed' point is eluding to this train of thought. Who is going to know? Is she worried about losing her job after having to defend her life? Unless she starts blabbing around that she secretly conceals a firearm, where is the risk to her position?

Latest posts

Top Bottom