Wife and I at the range and road house. Both great

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been lax in taking my wife shooting. She enjoys it but I've not been up to snuff lately, which is a BS excuse I'm using and not using anymore. So we packed up her SW airweight brushed nickel/aqua grip with laser grip (38 sp 38 +p) and my buddy, the CZ P07 with holosun shake to wake 2moa and my FN FNX 45 tactical with the holosun 2moa red or green. Wife did great. A few here and there but everything she shot was in the blue. Most in the center mass. She shot from 12 yds then I moved it to 7 and 5 yards. She shot great and we didn't use the red dot. It's not zeroed and I didn't want to screw up her shooting. I'll fix that next week. Anyway, she takes direction's well and besides being a good shot, she learn the right way. Not just saying ok and trying to imitate what I want her to do but use what I'm asking and find the best way for her.
I was working with her being able to control her gip and to stop anticipating the shot/jerking. We found a great grip for her that she fully repeated all day. She became very comfortable with what she can do and what the gun can do and that's a lot. We shot and talked about this and that and how and why thing happen when your pulling a trigger. Relaxing behing a gun it hard to teach but she gets it.
So she shot until her thumb got numb from opening the chamber then I put a bunch of rounds through with the FNX 45 and the CZ 9mm. I shot a bunch and had a blast. Took a little break then came back and she ran through another box and a half of 38 till we ran out (and she was tired). I never figured she'd be game to shoot that many rounds but it's so cool that she did.
We shot for a couple of hours and then headed to Texas Road House for a couple of prime rib. It was dlicious.
BTW. I shot her 38 myself for a few rounds. She's pretty solid behind the trigger of that gun. Those are great guns but you need to be a shooter to shoot them well. She is and does and I did ok but appreciate a bit more about the skill in a short nosed gun.
It was fun. She asked if we could go a couple of times a month and I said DARN STRAIGHT we can. The range is called Blackbeard armory and Range located at 2925 Texoma Parkway in Sherman Texas. Great supply of guns ammo and......well everything. It's new and the shooting range it TOP SHELF. Clean with super lightning and ventilation. I love this place.
Anyway, her's wife unite with her target and her steak.
Nice way to spend a day together.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taking my niece to the range this weekend to practice and for her to begin testing guns that she will like and want. It's going to be a present from me to her. I hope to get her shooting at the range twice a week with the wife unit and I until it gets warm and we can shoot on her dads property outside. She will be a very good shot, safe and confortable to use safely (as well as deadly) when she pulls out her pistol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom