1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Wife at the range. I think I've created a monster.......Ha.

Discussion in 'Media Play' started by steelfingers, Feb 14, 2020.

1. steelfingers

steelfingers Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Got bad news at the Doc so what do I do? Buy something from Cabelas. I've seen these before and they claim a 30 d reduction. Plus they don't sweat your ears off or get in the way of the cheek rest on a rifle. They worked great at the indoor pistol range.
    Wife had been bugging me to take her out so she can shoot her new 38 I bought her. Went to BDC (under new management now) and thought I'd brought enough ammo for my wife, but no. She had such a ball with her 38 SW she went through 150 rounds and two targets. She loves the laser hogue grip but surprising to me, she would like the trigger to be lighter. I'll need some help with that one guys. Give me some ideas because I've never tried to ease a trigger on a wheel gun like this.
    Here's a pic of the ear protect (19 bucks...not bad and they work great) and my wife shooting and her with her target that she wanted to take home and show everyone. She did great and I very proud of her. Now she wants to go every weekend.
    Hope everyone wished someone they loved a happy V-day.
    Ear protect 1.jpg Ear protect 2.jpg 38.JPG Wife gun 2.jpeg Wife gun 1.jpeg

2. mightymouse

mightymouse Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    You are a lucky guy. Hope you are feeling better despite the bad news from Ole Sawbones.

3. FrankNmac

FrankNmac Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Sorry to hear about the doctor news, SF. You sure looked good when I saw and spoke with you a few weeks ago.

Grip must have helped with the comfort your wife had shooting the snubbie. I have a 442 but haven't done anything to the trigger so can't help you there.

4. dlbleak

dlbleak Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Some really good vids on YT about how to pop the sideplate off and do a little smoothing and/or replace with a Wolf spring kit.
    Awesome that you got to get out to the range with the Mrs,looks like a good time.

dennishoddy and Cowcatcher like this.
  5. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Congrats and let me know if there's anything I can do to help, or answer any questions. I don't know if I could, but I'd be happy to lend an ear, anyways.

6. TerryMiller

TerryMiller Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Good to hear from you, SF. Sorry to hear of any bad news, but I think you will get along with life regardless.

As usual, your wife is as lovely as I remember. Glad the two of you got out and had some fun.

Prayers continue, by the way.

7. DRC458

DRC458 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Excellent! So glad you got out to the range with the wife. Sorry about the bad news, but we're all still praying for you. Stay strong!

8. Oklahomabassin

Oklahomabassin Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Sorry to hear about the bad news. Praying for you.
    Thank you for sharing about the hearing protection. I may have to try a pair out.

9. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Sorry to hear about the bad news. It looks like your wife really fits that pistol with good accuracy. The trigger job will make it even better.

10. bigred1

bigred1 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Well Steelman looks like you've got some stiff competition at y'all's house as to who's the best shot. Good to see you out and about.