Wife Came Up With A Good One ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a Cayenne pepper, black pepper, (ground or course) and jalapeno pepper freak. I get it from my dad. He could set and eat a jar of jalapenos, grinning and sweating.

I've never fried a biscuit. I have eaten thousands with gravy and thousands with jelly.

Fried? Sounds so good I can feel my arteries harden just thinking about it.

YuuuuM!

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a Cayenne pepper, black pepper, (ground or course) and jalapeno pepper freak. I get it from my dad. He could set and eat a jar of jalapenos, grinning and sweating.

I've never fried a biscuit. I have eaten thousands with gravy and thousands with jelly.

Fried? Sounds so good I can feel my arteries harden just thinking about it.

YuuuuM!

I'd say it is more like 'grilling' the biscuit. I cut them in half - sorta like an English muffin - and 'toast' the halves in the frying pan to a golden brown. And, yes, it is good. As for the arteries, well ....

Woody

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grilled some leftover biscuits this AM for jam and gravy. I cut them in half, top and bottom, slather on some butter and grill them in a frying pan. The top usually ends up a bit smaller in diameter than the bottom. She was undecided which half to put the jam on and which half to cover in the gravy. She said, "I don't know which way to go with this!" I asked, "What do you mean?" She replied, "I'm talking to myself. Don't interrupt me!"

:giveup:

Woody
You were lucky. Sixty years ago when my wife was a young Bride she offered to make me biscuits and sausage gravy. Well the biscuits were so hard the dogs wouldn't eat them. Good thing it was winter and I had coveralls and a coat on. Good thing I hung my coat on the back of my chair and put the those "things" in my coat pockets. I politely refused any other offers to have that kind of a breakfast again. Only over bread from then on.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like to add a little biscuits and gravy to my black pepper...

As a matter of fact, I frequently add various foods to my black pepper. I love me some black pepper...

Just got two of these today from Costco...should be good for another month or two.

View attachment 269661
Sounds good 'Rancher' but I've always been partial to Louisiana Hot Sauce on me bisquits 'n gravy 😋

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
You were lucky. Sixty years ago when my wife was a young Bride she offered to make me biscuits and sausage gravy. Well the biscuits were so hard the dogs wouldn't eat them. Good thing it was winter and I had coveralls and a coat on. Good thing I hung my coat on the back of my chair and put the those "things" in my coat pockets. I politely refused any other offers to have that kind of a breakfast again. Only over bread from then on.
They say that in the army, the biscuits are mighty fine.

Mine rolled off the table, and killed a friend of mine.

Oh Lord I wanna go, but they won't let me go, Oh Lord, I wanna go hoo-hoo-hoooome EH!

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My mother told a story similar to this. her first batch of busquits were so bad a pack of fox hounds that would eat anything, turned up their nose at them, so she had to literally dig a hole and bury them, to hide the evidence!

what a waste! I’da taken them to the range and shot the crap out of them. Pull!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
what a waste! I’da taken them to the range and shot the crap out of them. Pull!
She was young, and her mother died when she was 6 years old. She had no one to teach her to cook! By the time I came along she was a great cook, that made from scratch biscuits, that were great, every morning!

Latest posts

Top Bottom