Wife settled on a little cutie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of you guys know a few weeks back I asked for ideas on a carry piece for the wife. She's got small hands with long delicate fingers (hubba hubba) and so she needed something light, easy to rack, and not too heavy on recoil, an impossible combination.

When I started us out I was almost 90% certain we'd end up with a Ruger LCP Max. They're cool as a marble slab and just a neat looking little gun. Lots of top notch reviews too. She hated it. That double stop trigger was never a good feeling and the slide was too hard to rack.

So we looked at Sig, Walther, etc. and she didn't like ANY of them. Finally we stopped in to Cabelas for some fishing gear and on a whim I walked by the gun case (like we all don't just wander over there) and we saw a dinky little 380 Bodyguard. Danged if it wasn't a perfect fit. Picked up two of them (One for the daughter) and we're going to the range to burn a few boxes of ammo tomorrow.

38301-DEFAULT-m.jpg

I mean, look how tiny these things are? I'd shoot the end of my fingers off!

smith-and-wesson-bodyguard-380-review.jpg

(Not my hand, just a web pic for scale)

Still, cute as a lil' ol' button. I kinda want to put it in a little bassinet and wheel it around talking babytalk to it. We'll be running Hornady home defense 380 ammo.

158488m2_ts.jpg

And her carry pants with built in belly holster:

5K2A7238-ps-750x1125.jpg

Looks like I've got a busy day tomorrow! If any of you guys are looking for a small carry weapon for a smaller girl, the slide and trigger on this one might be worth looking at. They're like butter.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always thought that’s why S&W launched the .380 E-Z line….

But congrats on finding something. And when she’s comfortable, move her up to a real caliber. 😜
People don’t think .380 be snappy in a small pistol, but they do. I often times find them sharper in recoil and harder to manage than some of the 9x19’s that are only slightly larger. Must be the recoil impulse or something.

Well, congrats!

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome! Be prepared to start her collection. My wife started out with a Springfield XDS45 and then a Ruger LCPII. She carries both XDS in purse LCPII on her person. Then that grew into a Kimber 9mm last year and now she is got her eye on another. I may never be able to afford my own set purchase quota again. But I love that we share so many hobbies together, we just don't get enough time to enjoy them as we would like.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always thought that’s why S&W launched the .380 E-Z line….

But congrats on finding something. And when she’s comfortable, move her up to a real caliber. 😜
People don’t think .380 be snappy in a small pistol, but they do. I often times find them sharper in recoil and harder to manage than some of the 9x19’s that are only slightly larger. Must be the recoil impulse or something.

Well, congrats!
With her frame it's tough to carry something larger unless it's a bag carry. She often doesn't have a bag, just a license/cc or a small wallet. I'd like her to carry a Shield 9mm but unless she stuck it under her arm she'd print. The recoil isn't bad at all. It's not a .22, but it's also not like the ruger LCP where your hand pinwheels every shot.

We burned through about 150 rounds today. She could hit paper with it at 5 yards, but she's no quick-draw McGraw. Probably need to schedule some more range time (Oh no! haha!)

Woodman 59

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of you guys know a few weeks back I asked for ideas on a carry piece for the wife. She's got small hands with long delicate fingers (hubba hubba) and so she needed something light, easy to rack, and not too heavy on recoil, an impossible combination.

When I started us out I was almost 90% certain we'd end up with a Ruger LCP Max. They're cool as a marble slab and just a neat looking little gun. Lots of top notch reviews too. She hated it. That double stop trigger was never a good feeling and the slide was too hard to rack.

So we looked at Sig, Walther, etc. and she didn't like ANY of them. Finally we stopped in to Cabelas for some fishing gear and on a whim I walked by the gun case (like we all don't just wander over there) and we saw a dinky little 380 Bodyguard. Danged if it wasn't a perfect fit. Picked up two of them (One for the daughter) and we're going to the range to burn a few boxes of ammo tomorrow.

38301-DEFAULT-m.jpg

I mean, look how tiny these things are? I'd shoot the end of my fingers off!

smith-and-wesson-bodyguard-380-review.jpg

(Not my hand, just a web pic for scale)

Still, cute as a lil' ol' button. I kinda want to put it in a little bassinet and wheel it around talking babytalk to it. We'll be running Hornady home defense 380 ammo.

158488m2_ts.jpg

And her carry pants with built in belly holster:

5K2A7238-ps-750x1125.jpg

Looks like I've got a busy day tomorrow! If any of you guys are looking for a small carry weapon for a smaller girl, the slide and trigger on this one might be worth looking at. They're like butter.
Looks like it will work well, my wife has a Taurus .380 she loves it easy to rack, easy to hide, it works for her. She has had it for about 5 yrs with no problems.

Bravo1413

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With her frame it's tough to carry something larger unless it's a bag carry. She often doesn't have a bag, just a license/cc or a small wallet. I'd like her to carry a Shield 9mm but unless she stuck it under her arm she'd print. The recoil isn't bad at all. It's not a .22, but it's also not like the ruger LCP where your hand pinwheels every shot.

We burned through about 150 rounds today. She could hit paper with it at 5 yards, but she's no quick-draw McGraw. Probably need to schedule some more range time (Oh no! haha!)
I don’t really think people notice printing much any more. I mean phones now a days are bigger than the guns and everyone has a phone holster on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom