Wild / Feral hog hunting in panhandle area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vance

New to the site!
Reaction score
Good day all,
I am looking for any guidance on any / all feral hog hunting opportunities that might exist in the Oklahoma panhandle area - basically from the border to say the Woodward area.

I am looking to bring some friends down from the Denver area some time this spring / early summer and I do not want to go into Texas if I don't have to, so I wanted to see what was available, what the process was (licenses? limits? etc.).

Any and all help is greatly appreciated in advance.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't live in that area but as far as I know they don't have much of a problem with them that far north, in fact I don't know of anybody that sees them north of I-40 that much. As far as regs go just go to Oklahoma Wildlife Dept. website. Good luck

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Seiling area and over toward Vici is as close as Woodward as I can tell you. The river/creek bottoms usually have the heaviest populations. Are you looking for pay to play, private land with permission or public land? As far as licenses go, it varies depending on what property you are hunting.

Do you have any access to private hunting land in Colorado for Mule deer or Elk and maybe trade hunts?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watonga, Canton, Fairview, okla areas are crawling with pigs. These areas are private lands and public lands. Canton Public hunting area has lots of pigs.

Truth. They were thick when I was out there a few years back. The rangers were telling us to shoot all we could and to leave them lay if need be, just make them dead.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stand corrected

Your not totally incorrect. The North Central and the last two panhandle county's have less than the rest of the state. Grant County was the last county in the state to have a confirmed pig population. 15 or so were seen on a farm. The GW trapped all of them.
I'm sure along the western border that encompasses the Salt Fork River there are some, but haven't been seen. I have some land on the salt fork and don't have any.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea you are correct about north central Oklahoma. Payne county around Stillwater has very few. My 400 acres due west of Stillwater has almost none. Got maybe 3 pics of hogs there in the last 5 years. Hope they never show up as far as I am concerned!

Latest posts

Top Bottom