Wild Game Recipes ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always simmered my hearts for a couple hours then sliced thin. like thin sliced ham.
Then I make a sammich from it,, tastes like sliced turkey.

But I will give that grilling a try.
Thanks it looks tasty.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Tried the goose sausage recipe tonight...........11lbs worth. Looks, smells good, haven't cooked any yet............will give a review in the next day or two. I cubed the goose Friday afternoon, and it's been soaking in salt water until this eveing, changing water daily. We filled 6 large cookie sheets with 4" links. They're in the freezer now and will be put into bags once they're frozen enough not to stick together. Hope they taste good, lol. :)

http://www.skinnymoose.com/tobaccoroad/2011/01/25/week-4-goose-breakfast-sausage/

This recipe will work for venison and duck as well.

4 lbs goose partially frozen
1-1.5 lb pork fat, very well chilled
2 teaspoons ground mace
2 teaspoons rubbed sage
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 cloves chopped fresh garlic (or 2 teaspoons granulated)
1 cup ice water
1/4 cup pure maple syrup (this is optional, only use if you want maple flavored sausage)

1. Trim the meat of all bloody areas and tough connective tissue, cut it into 1 inch cubes (make sure the goose is still partially frozen as it makes it easier to grind), and grind it through the medium plate of your meat grinder along with the very cold pork fatback.
2. Combine the spices in a small container and mix with the 1 cup of ice water.
3. Pour the spice and water combination (as well as the syrup if you are using it) into the ground meat and fat and mix thoroughly for at least 2 minutes. Use your hands for mixing to assure even distribution.
4. Once the sausage is fully mixed, run the mixture through the grinder once more and either stuff it into casings or make it into patties or bulk packages.

Make sure you cool this sausage as soon as it is done. It can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tried the goose sausage recipe tonight...........11lbs worth. Looks, smells good, haven't cooked any yet............will give a review in the next day or two. I cubed the goose Friday afternoon, and it's been soaking in salt water until this eveing, changing water daily. We filled 6 large cookie sheets with 4" links. They're in the freezer now and will be put into bags once they're frozen enough not to stick together. Hope they taste good, lol. :)

http://www.skinnymoose.com/tobaccoroad/2011/01/25/week-4-goose-breakfast-sausage/

Mmm if they are good, might be a treat for breakfast one morning at Elk Camp.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmmm, this might have merit. It won't be long before it is time to harvest another trailer load of fine eating. Pray for a foot of snow, low wind and a strong migration:thumbup3:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Tried the goose sausage recipe tonight...........11lbs worth. Looks, smells good, haven't cooked any yet............will give a review in the next day or two. I cubed the goose Friday afternoon, and it's been soaking in salt water until this evening, changing water daily. We filled 6 large cookie sheets with 4" links. They're in the freezer now and will be put into bags once they're frozen enough not to stick together. Hope they taste good, lol. :)

Success!!!!! Wife and kids approved as well:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom