Wild or Loose Dogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ride a motorcycle ya sissy. Problem solved.

Not really, I had a dogun out from a yard when he heard me coming and he grabbed by pant leg at 35 mph. I had slowed down when I saw him because I didn't want to be haulin balls if he got right in front of me. He was small and decided to let ge quickly as he drug down the road BUT had it been a large dog, I can imagine it would have turned out much worse for me. Probalby would have pulled me down. I had on leathers so they would have torn away.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're far enough out in the sticks I'd pack the real thing and don't hesitate to use it if they get too close. Just be careful and don't lose control. You'll be dinner before you've fired your 2nd shot. :D

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Madd, I dont know about others experiences with the oc gas on dogs but I carry Punch 2 and have used it several times on dogs with poor results.

racing1g

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used to read water meters and sometimes a dog would take a "special" interest in me. They let us carry 10% OC and it usually worked pretty decent. There was one time when a Rott was headed my way and I sprayed it. He literally licked his jowls and kept coming. This white boy didn't need a bicycle to get away, I did a Bo Duke hoodslide over my truck and crawled in the window. :)

Hog Shooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a kid my grandad rented some land beside a small community so that he could have more cows. The townsfolk let their dogs run loose, the dogs packed up and started chasin cows. One night we went down there and grandad slowed them down with a 22 and my uncle put the stop to em with a 30'06. Townsfolk wanted to sue but to no avail. I think you should save animal contol a trip. But I live out in the sticks and we handle things different.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dogs would chase you too, but once they get you off yer bike it would be nothing more than a tounge bath for ya. Because of this, I say mace.

This would be my train of thought as well.
I know it was necessary, but turning around and going the other way triggers a response in dogs to chase. Not necessarily to bite though.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ya sissy... run from dogs and you are prey. they chase even harder

pack animals understand dominance ... what I do is stop and chase them. you'd be amazed how dogs turn tail and run away when chased.
grab your water bottle, act like you are throwing a deadly projectile. if they get too close, give em a squirt of water.

dogs will act like they are going to die after getting shot with water.
have a bottle of pepper spray for a backup... if things get really bad... your CCW comes out.

but out of the hundreds of time I've stopped and chased dogs...originally chasing me... this has never failed to work.

my ridding buddy however always runs... call him rabbit or prey... when we ride together, dogs always chase him, but seldom me....

Latest posts

Top Bottom