Wild pigs in Edmond?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a coyote on Hurd and fretz a few weeks ago, would not surprise me
My shop is just a couple blocks from there and backs up to the creek. We have coyote, deer, bobcat etc tracks in the back lot all the time. The supposed pig sighting is just a block or two north of there so a pig is not out of the question.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to the wildlife department map, out here in Piedmont we have quite a few. I have never in my entire life seen one though. They are ghosts.

There was one time when I was out walking my dog on the edge of town. There was a ditch with head high weeds as we were walking past a field and all the sudden the weeds are rustling big time and the dog is on high alert. Whatever it was, it was big. It was making as much or more noise than a deer would, but it was obviously something short because you couldn't see it. Then as we're walking away I heard it grunt.

Had to be a pig. Nothing else that big that makes a grunting noise as far as I know.
I can confirm they are in Piedmont. Richland Rd and Apache specifically.

JR777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can confirm they are in Piedmont. Richland Rd and Apache specifically.
They're like the Viet Cong of the animal kingdom. I've seen lots of coyotes, road runners, even a coral snake once. But in my entire life I've never seen one single pig. Lived here pretty much my whole life not counting college, too, and spent lots of time out in the prairie.

Gus Petch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a news piece a few years ago regarding feral hogs on the east side of I-35 across from Wal-Fart. The residents wanted the city to do something about it and Edmond animal control said they weren't equipped for that. I also know there've been issues with feral hogs elsewhere in the metro; a co-worker lives in a neighborhood near I-40 and Choctaw Road where feral hogs appeared and a trapper had to be hired.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I-240 and Sooner has yote, Bobcat, deer and as I was leaving the site I peeled out over a copperhead!!

No pigs that I have seen but would not be surprised!

Latest posts

Top Bottom