Wilderness instructor belts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I checked and I have a O.D. green 3 stitch w the insert. It’s in pretty good shape, if you are around you can come feel on it. It’s a 41 but you can prob get an idea if you like it or not by trying it on

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I checked and I have a O.D. green 3 stitch w the insert. It’s in pretty good shape, if you are around you can come feel on it. It’s a 41 but you can prob get an idea if you like it or not by trying it on

Thanks GB...I may take you up on that one of these times that I'm out your way. I noticed that the 5.11 version of the Wilderness 5 stitch were 20% off for Father's Day on their website today (use code DADSDAY18) so I ordered one just to test it out. Rigidity is supposed to be on par with the Wilderness belt, but we'll see if it lasts as long. The 5.11 Trainer was only $31.99 with free shipping and the Wilderness belt was just shy of $70 after shipping. I tried on the 5.11 Trainer at Academy earlier today and it looks like it will work well and be much more comfortable than the double layer leather belt that I'm currently using.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 5-stitch Wilderness wit,h titanium buckle and a 5-stictch Frequent Flyer with a light weight something or other buckle ( I forget)...both work well. I find that either supports a full size pistol worn OWB just fine but typically I use the heavier one with the titanium buckle for a heavier gun and the FF belt with the lighter buckle with a lighter gun. Sure the Wilderness Belts are pricey, but they last and last.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good info, might have to try one. All I have is leather. Crossbreed, Looper, Tucker and TT. The Crossbreed is the most flexible but it's just an 1 1/4. I just wear it with my summertime plaid golfing shorts of various colors ( I like to gig the wife with my choice of shorts when we go out to eat) it works good with a j frame of some kind or when I pocket my Seecamp. Looper with the insert holds up well with a compact of some kind. Now the Tucker or TT gunleather are the best ones I have for heavier weapons and accessories ( mag and knife).

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks GB...I may take you up on that one of these times that I'm out your way. I noticed that the 5.11 version of the Wilderness 5 stitch were 20% off for Father's Day on their website today (use code DADSDAY18) so I ordered one just to test it out. Rigidity is supposed to be on par with the Wilderness belt, but we'll see if it lasts as long. The 5.11 Trainer was only $31.99 with free shipping and the Wilderness belt was just shy of $70 after shipping. I tried on the 5.11 Trainer at Academy earlier today and it looks like it will work well and be much more comfortable than the double layer leather belt that I'm currently using.

Thanks for the info. I may look at these and order one. My looper has seen better days. Are you built like your brother? I havent had a problem with a stiff belt digging into me, yet.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I may look at these and order one. My looper has seen better days. Are you built like your brother? I havent had a problem with a stiff belt digging into me, yet.

Nope...I am much thinner build than him. Same height, but he probably has 30 lbs on me.

Academy carries the black version of the 5.11 trainer belt and it also shows as $31.99 on their website. I think they are still $39.99 in store though.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wilderness belts are 100% made in USA. :patriot:

5.11 belts are Chinese imports. :finger:

You'll pay more for the Wilderness, but not really. Because the Wilderness belt will last twice as long as the Chinese 5.11 belt.

Last edited:

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wilderness belts are 100% made in USA. :patriot:

5.11 belts are Chinese imports. :finger:

You'll pay more for the Wilderness, but not really. Because the Wilderness belt will last twice as long as the Chinese 5.11 belt.

The 5.11 belt can be returned to them within 30 days (and has a lifetime warranty against defects) so I figured that it was a good choice considering that I'll actually need to wear the belt first to know if it will work for me. If the 5.11 5 stitch works out, I'll definitely be upgrading to the Wilderness belt sometime in the future. I'm seeing reports of 2-4 years out of the 5.11 belt and that's a lot longer than a kydex lined leather belt. At $32, I'm not sure that you can go wrong.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom