Wildlife Department Proposed changes Open for Public Comments.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a big hunter so the LMF changes are what speak to me the most. The State does a really, really poor job of managing and enforcing the laws of its only 2 "year round" trout fisheries; more so on the LMF.

I'm all in favor of reducing catch limits (maybe not carte blanche, perhaps just during the year with continuously high water temps and low DO) and/or increasing minimum take size. There's too many folks fishing out there with the idea that a limit is also a goal and keeping whatever swims.

Removing bait restrictions and only going barbless is a terrible idea. We're just going to see fudds with the barbs crimped down on tiny trebles smeared with powerbait trying to gut hook their limit while shitting up the river with 12lb cajun line.

If the state is serious about bolstering their "Fishing Trail" initiative they need to get serious about the stewardship of the only year round, unique trout fisheries in OK.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom