Will it be louder?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay so I have an 8.2 in SBR AR-15 and a 16 inch Ruger American bolt action. Using the same suppressor and same ammo obviously the AR-15 is significantly louder. So my question is will there be a noticeable difference in noise if I were to cut down the bolt action to say a 10 in? The bolt action with the can is super squirrel stealth mission quiet and I would like to keep it that way but I am really jonesing for an SBR bolt-action as long as I do not lose too much stealth. This is mostly for patrolling the backyard in the evening for critters without bothering the neighbors. I know the cheap and obvious answer is to leave the bolt gun alone since it does what I want it to but I sure would like to get that extra barrel length out of there if I can.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really want to turn this:
img_1_1642800572100.jpg

Into this:
49040331017_6d4b3f08bd_h~2.jpg

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you’re running subsonic loads then it shouldn’t make more than a couple decibel difference. On the 556 sig can i run, there is a noticeable difference between my 12.5 SBR and my 7.5 pistol. While it is noticeable it’s negligible and that’s running standard 55 and 62grain ball ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom