1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Will the Tulsa County Sheriff sign off on SBR?

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by JesseR, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Nothing, but the CLEO letter requirement is an unfunded initiative by the BATFE and there's no requirement for the sheriff to do it. When you're expecting a neutral or anti-gun politician to sign their name on something authorizing you to have a highly restricted item, most feel they have a right to set conditions on the use of their name where it isn't required that they give it. That's why the Trust route is the only way to go. You can have more than one person on the Trust and you're not subject to an arbitrary approval.

2. KOPBET

KOPBET Sharpshooter

Is the Sheriff the only one the BATFE will accept a signature from, or are there others that theoretically would qualify (assuming they would actually sign)?

3. ripnbst

ripnbst Sharpshooter

I'd guess if you're tight with Pres Obama you could probably get the paper pushed through no problem :)

4. 338Shooter

338Shooter Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Sheriff or DA if you're out of the city limits. If you're in the limits you can add the police chief to that list. I bet Gov. Fallin would work and maybe even the state attorney general.

5. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Usually a District Court judge will work as well. Regardless, a Trust is easier than any of the above.

6. Buzzgun

Buzzgun Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%

Just to be clear, by signing a form 4, a LEO does not "authorize" anything. He/She is simply signing a statement that says he knows of no reason that the person requesting the transfer can't legally own the item.

Unfortunately, many LEOs seem to think they should control who has these items.

I have heard talk in the NFA community that the LEO signature requirement maybe going away.