Wilshire Gun CCW Free Safe Competition, thoughts on it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your competition is scored, then it's a match that's shot w a pistol. I do completely understand your not wanting to frame it as such, tho

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ccwsafe posted the pictures on their Facebook page.

There are only a few and they were from the back of the range and awards at the end.

6f28b316db64dd9b754b23922817f897.jpg

Also this post has some more information:

"I had a great time and I was very happy to see that we had over 20 shooters compete. This was our first time to sponsor and run a competition, and with that said, there were a few wrinkles we had to iron out. I also felt bad that the competitors didn't get to shoot every scenario that I had planned, which was approximately 80 rounds total. That was due in large part because of time and scoring. That wrinkle is now ironed out and the next course will involve more rounds. We are also looking at other events as well. Thanks for coming out and competing. I had a great time and learned a lot myself."

I know why I didnt see anyone taking pics now lol...

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With a da/sa Beretta storm no less. 3 weeks post hip replacement
When I saw him appendix carrying that I was sooo impressed. Asked him what it was because I was right behind him but I noticed he decocked it and was just amazed how he shot that. I could never pick up the hard trigger pull going to light that well. Always through me off a little bit.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes he did. And Will scored him with the win. I am doubful personally..... Just kidding. Good job shooting all banged up. Should take away a lot of the other excuses.

For what its worth Dustin, and myself sold the idea of a CCW competition (not a pistol match) to our bosses and to Wilshire. We volunteered our time to run competition with no prior experience. Well I shot PPC in 1987. But we tried to design it with potential real world scenario for the EDC permit holder. As I said above if anyone has stage ideas or other input feel free to share it with me.
It was a fun match, I really enjoyed it. Thanks for putting it on.

Gary@CCWsafe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took most of the pics with an I-Phone.

I didn't want it classified as a "match" as we wanted it to be more a learning exercise than a competition. Every skill level is welcome to participate, but this is to hone skills for EDC not show up the other participants. Its really semantics but we envisioned a friendly competition while learning from each other.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took most of the pics with an I-Phone.

I didn't want it classified as a "match" as we wanted it to be more a learning exercise than a competition. Every skill level is welcome to participate, but this is to hone skills for EDC not show up the other participants. Its really semantics but we envisioned a friendly competition while learning from each other.
Matches are the greatest learning experience.
You learn grip on the gun, clearing malfunctions, sight control and stage planning against the timer.
How can you not shoot an exercise without calling it a match?
Every match has different divisions so the shooters are only shooting against somebody in their same division, not competing against race guns, etc.
People want to know how they stack up in matches to learn how to get better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom