Wilshire Gun CCW Free Safe Competition, thoughts on it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the end when they were taking pictures, they said something about posting them on Facebook in case anyone didn't want their face posted.
Idk even when they were taking pictures lol, where was all this? I was in the classroom area when they announced who won. I didnt see anyone with a camera the whole night either, well at least not the two guys who put it on nor the 3 wilshire staffers. Granted it was pretty crowded so may have been easy to miss on the range.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to see if I can get them to use Practiscore. I think it would have saved quite a bit of time during the match. The errors would have been validated at the time, procedures violations correctly scored, we would have had results in about 5 minutes, and the scores would have been posted. Maybe I can get them to build this match into it to post. It's good to see the details.
Make sure they use the android version. Much faster.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to see if I can get them to use Practiscore. I think it would have saved quite a bit of time during the match. The errors would have been validated at the time, procedures violations correctly scored, we would have had results in about 5 minutes, and the scores would have been posted. Maybe I can get them to build this match into it to post. It's good to see the details.
Glad to hear there is a faster way to score, that is pretty cool.

Are matches unusually that low of a round count? I mean we nearly spent a dollar a round to use the range.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad to hear there is a faster way to score, that is pretty cool.

Are matches unusually that low of a round count? I mean we nearly spent a dollar a round to use the range.

No, the round count was low. Overall though, there were some pretty good stages. It wouldn't be too tough to double the round count.

USPSA outdoor are usually 150-200 rounds for $15-$20. 6 stages of Steel Challenge will get you 150+ rounds down range for $15-20. GSSF will get you 50 rounds for $20 membership required (with a lottery chance at a Glock at the end of a series). Big boys combat match is 75ish rounds for $30, but I think the Wilshire is better quality. H&H USPSA is $15 with a round count of about 100, a really good indoor range bargain.

Wilshire's match could be very good with some fine tuning. I'm thankful they are trying to get something going.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said I did enjoy it but good to know future matches by them will likely have higher round counts. And that other matches do have higher round counts.

its definitely sparked my interest.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
25 is a decent sized match. H&H had twice that the last time I was there -- maybe 2 months ago.

I'm looking forward to next month but I'm not real big on having my picture taken and posted anywhere on the www. Hell, I'm not big on having my picture taken, period. I'll have to watch out for the guy with the camera, I guess.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
25 is a decent sized match. H&H had twice that the last time I was there -- maybe 2 months ago.

I'm looking forward to next month but I'm not real big on having my picture taken and posted anywhere on the www. Hell, I'm not big on having my picture taken, period. I'll have to watch out for the guy with the camera, I guess.
Man I still cant believe I didnt notice someone was taking pics... Must of been the guy in the blue tshirt. Leader of my group I dont believe was.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I still cant believe I didnt notice someone was taking pics... Must of been the guy in the blue tshirt. Leader of my group I dont believe was.

Haha! Hang with me, man! We can watch each other's 6. I'll be the old, gray-haired lady wearing a t-shirt that says "Of all the lies I've told 'Just Kidding' is my favorite. :blush:

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Idk even when they were taking pictures lol, where was all this? I was in the classroom area when they announced who won. I didnt see anyone with a camera the whole night either, well at least not the two guys who put it on nor the 3 wilshire staffers. Granted it was pretty crowded so may have been easy to miss on the range.

Ccwsafe posted the pictures on their Facebook page.

There are only a few and they were from the back of the range and awards at the end.

6f28b316db64dd9b754b23922817f897.jpg

Also this post has some more information:

"I had a great time and I was very happy to see that we had over 20 shooters compete. This was our first time to sponsor and run a competition, and with that said, there were a few wrinkles we had to iron out. I also felt bad that the competitors didn't get to shoot every scenario that I had planned, which was approximately 80 rounds total. That was due in large part because of time and scoring. That wrinkle is now ironed out and the next course will involve more rounds. We are also looking at other events as well. Thanks for coming out and competing. I had a great time and learned a lot myself."

Latest posts

Top Bottom