Wilshire Visit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife and I went to Wilshire last night (first trip) to do a little shooting for her b-day. We took 4-5 pistols and ended up renting 5 more to get a feel for how something else shoots. The place is a real nice facility, still has a new look to it with plenty of guns for fondling. Costs were about what I expected, $15 for a lane plus $8 for a second shooter. The rentals were $5/gun, that's why we tried the number we tried, the main drawback is having to use house ammo on their guns, with the ammo being on the high side. 100rds of 9mm for $33 (Winchester). Our total cost was $87 for shooting. Rentals are typically $10/gun, but after 5:00 drops it to $5.

The 25yd lanes are nice, maybe a little tight, but still nice. We got in our lane around 5:45 and were the only ones there but it mostly filled up after about an hour. That's when it got a little smaller, it got a little crowded behind the shooting line. Nobody unfriendly, just a few bumps on the shoulder from time to time, not while shooting, just standing.

After an hour or so, we went over to the café and had some dinner, which was decent enough for what it is. The ribs have a good flavor although may have needed some more cook time to get more tender.
No reason not to go back.

We rented all 9mm, Springfield XDs, Glock 43 and 26, Sig P938 and a Ruger SR9C. My wife is looking for a different carry and liked the Ruger as her #1 choice, then the Sig. She also shot a Shield I have but stuck with the Ruger as the one she liked the most. I thought both of her choices shot pretty good and felt pretty good in the hand.

Pretty good time overall.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A box of WWB 100 rounds runs about $29-31 most places, so that's a pretty fair price. I know 50 round boxes can be had for closer to 10. Never understood why what is a value marketed ammo runs as much or more than anything else...

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice report back. Haven't made it up to Wilshire to check them out yet, but I think I need to now. Thanks!

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The signage says one hour but there didn't seem to be any folks keeping time on us. The RO never walked through our bay area, just sat outside the door.
My guess is that when they are busy, they hold to the one hour thing in a more strict manner. Otherwise, not so much.
I'd say we were on our lane for a little over an hour.

Reaction score
I stopped by there right before Christmas and it was much less crowded than I expected (it wasn't empty but I expected hordes of shoppers). I'm in the market for a smaller gun to carry and they were very, very helpful - even let me shoot several rounds of a borrowed Sig P238, grata, including the ammo. They gave me a tour and it was impressive - the rifle range was awesome. Looking forward to going back with the better half.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The signage says one hour but there didn't seem to be any folks keeping time on us. The RO never walked through our bay area, just sat outside the door.
My guess is that when they are busy, they hold to the one hour thing in a more strict manner. Otherwise, not so much.
I'd say we were on our lane for a little over an hour.

A few months ago I was shooting there and was essentially told I had to leave. Why? My hour was up. I said that's okay I will pay for another hour. They told me they had people waiting in line to shoot. If I wanted to stay and shoot I had to wait for another lane to open up. It wasn't just me, I was there with 2 others celebrating a birthday. I'm also a paid member there. I haven't stepped foot back in there since they won't get another dime from me.

There are no signs that say you're limited to one hour. It just says $15/hr. Just a warning to anyone else that wants to go. It was probably my fault for not clearing that up front with them but the fact that they refused my money to stay on a lane to let someone else use it is horrible customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My membership was a couple hundred bucks. I guess they got the last laugh because they made a lot of money off me not coming.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few months ago I was shooting there and was essentially told I had to leave. Why? My hour was up. I said that's okay I will pay for another hour. They told me they had people waiting in line to shoot. If I wanted to stay and shoot I had to wait for another lane to open up. It wasn't just me, I was there with 2 others celebrating a birthday. I'm also a paid member there. I haven't stepped foot back in there since they won't get another dime from me.

There are no signs that say you're limited to one hour. It just says $15/hr. Just a warning to anyone else that wants to go. It was probably my fault for not clearing that up front with them but the fact that they refused my money to stay on a lane to let someone else use it is horrible customer service.

Wow, that really sucks man. I hate crappy customer service. I have been going to Big Boys Guns and Ammo down in Mustang a lot lately; great indoor range. It's well lit, has a great HVAC system; filtered air so you can actually breathe while you shoot, and the people there are all very friendly. On the retail side, their prices are fair too. I was gonna go try Wilshire today, as a matter of fact, but may hang on now.

markuspipus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been to Wilshire multiple times and I have never had to wait to get a lane or have I been told my time is up. This was for shooting my glocks so I don't know how bad the long gun lane rental wait times are. The one things that I really like about this particular range is that they have models of the hand guns they sell just sitting out on display. There were times that I thought I wanted a particular gun and then when I handled it decided it didn't fit my hands. The salesmen at H&H always made me feel like I was inconveniencing them by my wanting to touch more than one or two handguns. But the prices are higher on their guns than you can find at the smaller shops in town.

Latest posts

Top Bottom