Wilson Combat EDC-X9 ... Holy Cow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They weren't finicky from my experiences.
What mags? My Trojan runs like the Energizer bunny on Dawson mags which are on the metalform pattern. Also GTG on Brownell's metalform pattern mag. But it utterly refuses to run with Wilson ETMs and one of the other Wilson mags that I don't remember which one it was. Nosedive city. They are also a PITA to unload since there is a tiny bit of rim on the 9mm.

That tapered case, rim, and short length make it hard to get a 9mm 1911 to run reliably. .45 don't seem to care one way or the other once tweaked if they even need tweaking in the first place. I love my Trojan, but it's not delegated for carry duty either.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What mags? My Trojan runs like the Energizer bunny on Dawson mags which are on the metalform pattern. Also GTG on Brownell's metalform pattern mag. But it utterly refuses to run with Wilson ETMs and one of the other Wilson mags that I don't remember which one it was. Nosedive city. They are also a PITA to unload since there is a tiny bit of rim on the 9mm.

That tapered case, rim, and short length make it hard to get a 9mm 1911 to run reliably. .45 don't seem to care one way or the other once tweaked if they even need tweaking in the first place. I love my Trojan, but it's not delegated for carry duty either.

The mags that my Wilson KZ-9 came with? Made by Mecgar. You realize you're comparing apples to oranges and making assumptions? You're talking about a single stack STI not working with Wilson 9mm ETMs. This is a double stack 9mm gun built from the ground up by Wilson and uses mecgar mags too.

To your example though, I just sold a CQB in 40 that wouldn't run with metal form mags. It would run anything else, including 47ds (.45) a little trick one of my gamer buddies told me when I couldn't find any .40 1911 mags.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The mags that my Wilson KZ-9 came with? Made by Mecgar. You realize you're comparing apples to oranges and making assumptions? You're talking about a single stack STI not working with Wilson 9mm ETMs. This is a double stack 9mm gun built from the ground up by Wilson and uses mecgar mags too.

To your example though, I just sold a CQB in 40 that wouldn't run with metal form mags. It would run anything else, including 47ds (.45) a little trick one of my gamer buddies told me when I couldn't find any .40 1911 mags.
Oh man. My BADD! Totally didn't know it was a double stack. That does change things up just a wee bit! :bolt:

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to hold, look at, and shoot a Wilson Combat EDC X9 1911 today at the gun range. They are beautifully made with really nice workmanship and style. I only put ten rounds through it and really liked it. Very crisp trigger, good feeling grip, 15 round capacity, accurate and comfortable to shoot. The owner said you have options on customization (for instance trigger pull weight) and the lead time is approximately six months, but think he said he got his in four.

I won't ever own one, but I can see why those who do seem to like them so well.

Last edited:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For three grand it needs to go C-O-L-T when you cock the hammer...

I'm feeling ya, my man. I gotta say I've shot several Wilsons over the years are they are pretty damned spiffy. Can't say they were better than that Colt I just picked up from @lasher a bit ago, though.

It's been my experience that you don't have to spend a ton of money to have a beautifully shooting gun that is pretty, too. :coffee2: @druryj's MMV, of course.:hey3:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now why you gotta pick on me? I just like the looks of the thing...but I'm over it. After thinking about it, I'd feel guilty spending that kind of money on a pistol. Imagine having to use it and then watch as the PD evidence guys took it and kept it for who knows how long and when (if you ever) got it back, what it would look like, after being chucked in a safe full of Hi-points and Ravens and Lorcins and such. Eek!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now why you gotta pick on me? I just like the looks of the thing...but I'm over it. After thinking about it, I'd feel guilty spending that kind of money on a pistol. Imagine having to use it and then watch as the PD evidence guys took it and kept it for who knows how long and when (if you ever) got it back, what it would look like, after being chucked in a safe full of Hi-points and Ravens and Lorcins and such. Eek!
You should ban yourself for even thinking of such a travesty! :buttkick:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Just pointing out the obvious, my man ... :hey3::bighug:

Latest posts

Top Bottom