Wilson Combat EDC-X9 ... Holy Cow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I just picked up one of these.

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/berettawilson-92g-brigadier-tactical/

6t1FwZV.jpg

oHaczTl.jpg

rr6sJag.jpg

rickeyparker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I can say is I wish I had an extra Three Grand lying around begging to be spent. This has got to be the ultimate CCW/Duty/HD handgun...period. If you haven't checked this pistol out yet, you oughta!

1911-Style (sorta)
Will fit in 4" or 4.25" Commander Holsters
15-round capacity
Guaranteed Accuracy of 1.5" at 25 yards
Beautiful!

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/edc-x9/
That is one sharp pistol.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, GB is full of them starting around $2200 nowadays.
Of course, the exact EDC X9 I want is approx $3266, so none on GB are exactly my cup of tea, so used pricing doesn't affect me much, but that's just me.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wilson makes a pretty gun, but the Tac Elite I had was real picky on ammo.

Nah. You had to be limp wristin’ it. A Wilson; picky on Ammo? No! No! Oh say it isn’t so! That’s like saying a Glock isn’t really “perfection”. Limpin’ it you wuz, I betcha.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah. You had to be limp wristin’ it. A Wilson; picky on Ammo? No! No! Oh say it isn’t so! That’s like saying a Glock isn’t really “perfection”. Limpin’ it you wuz, I betcha.

LOL, I sold it and bought a G34. Sometimes we all have to learn the Glock Perfection lesson. It'll eat anything I toss in it.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just yankin’ yer chain. Yeah, that lesson in what reliability really is can be a hard one for many. I firmly believe that any modern semi auto from any reputable manufacturer these days should be reliable. I still run enough rounds through any new or even new to me Pistol to make sure before putting it in service as a self defense weapon. And I make sure part of that evaluation includes all magazines.

billt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I got the Wilson Combat / Beretta out to the range early this morning. I brought 350 rounds but only fired 250. It was really cold and damp out, and my fingers were freezing from loading the 3 magazines I brought with me. The gun shot beautifully. Not a single malfunction. The trigger is nice, but typical Beretta with a lot of take up in single action. But it broke nice and crisp, at what I would guess to be right around 5 pounds or so. The sights are crystal clear, and print at point of hold.

All my shooting was from 50 feet. Normally I like shooting from 25 yards. But we got a lot of rain the other day, and the range was really muddy beyond the 50 foot target stands, so that is where I shot from. . All 3 of the Beretta supplied magazines loaded and fed flawlessly. My ammo was all Remington 115 Gr. FMJ Law Enforcement Training Ammo. I started shooting as soon as it was light enough to see the target. And this ammo provided quite a bit of muzzle flash. The cases all piled up in a neat 3 foot circle just a few feet to the right, and back about the same amount.

The gun shoots well, and is very accurate. Even with cheap ammo. Overall I'm very pleased with it's performance. One would expect as much from a $1,300.00 pistol. But these days you never know until you shoot it. This thing will get shot a lot. Between the excellent sights, good trigger and ergonomics, and butter smooth slide and action, it's pretty hard to put it down.

LrFszAc.jpg

iCJrIw5.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom