Wilson, Les Baer, or Ed Brown?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
when surjimmy recommended the Les Baer, I did a little research on resale. The Wilson seemed to lose value on resale. The Brown seemed to have a limited market. Where the Baer seemed to hold its value pretty good.

Agreed. I do think Wilsons are a bit over priced, and you're paying for the name to a degree, but still...and if I were to spurge and get one of these, it would be a keeper. So resale is not a factor in this for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And to think I thought there was hope for you?!?:uhwhat: I'm talking bad-azzed .45s and you're talking about the Austrian Hi Point! :bolt:

Be that as it may, I'd still rather have the G21 if the SHTF and I couldn't have a rifle. But dammit you old mouse, stick to the high end 1911's for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you buy a Baer and call the factory, you will most likely talk to Mr. Baer. Mr.Brown is known for being a A-Hole. Know nothing about the CS at Wilson. If you was to blindfold the shooters, I doubt that anyone could tell the difference between the 3. So here is my question to you, why spend the $2000 more on a pistol you can't tell the difference when firing.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, with my old eyes, and arthritic hands, I doubt seriously if I could actually tell the difference shooting any one of these high-end guns as compared to my plain old Ruger SR1911. It's more a pride of ownership issue I guess; just something really nice to have. Wouldn't be a safe queen by any means, I'd shoot it and carry it as well.