Winches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of Warn’s cheaper winches are made in china. The Chinese copied the design. Same with Ramsey winches. Except the Chinese version still had the Ramsey name casted in the end plates.

I have Ramsey and Warn winches on my Jeep and 2500HD.

I got this Ramsey 9500 when I worked as the Marketing Product Manager at Ramsey in 2005. Haven’t had any issues with it and its been abused a little. You can’t beat the quick mounts. I made this mount myself because Ramsey didn’t offer a quick mount winch with the 9500 lbs rating. I can plug this in the back receiver on the truck too. I made an extension cord to reach the trailer from the truck quick connection battery cable.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a hydraulic mechanical crimper. A welding supply can do it if someone didn’t have a crimper. They probably sell the connectors as well, but who knows what the would charge for those.

These hammer type crimpers work pretty good.

9D182858-AD90-4F6C-ABC5-52837DA55949.png

I would want a mechanical crimp over a solder joint. Of course, you could do both, but that’s overkill.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I would run 2 gauge wire for the quick connect.

The winch could pull 350 amps or more amps depends on the winch. However, they wouldn’t pull that type of amperage for very long before things started getting very hot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom