Winches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a crimper. Definitely on the Big Wire. I ran 2 gauge under my Tundra with conduit. I also run a 2 battery setup in my Truck and Jeeps. Thanks, I never knew what they are called. I need to get 2 sets of them.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually run a high amp fuse and a disconnect to the winch and quick connect as well.

This disconnect is in line with the front mounted winch, the quick connect cable running to the rear of the truck and the dual batteries.

I will turn it off when I’m not using them.

72878ECC-3952-4E76-AD41-60D46D6DDFEC.jpeg

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put a 3500 lb badlands winch on my ATV 4 wheeler after reading the reviews on other brands.
It's way overkill for the ATV but it's saved myself and others a lot of work around the farm and in the mountains.
We wenched 5 elk onto my trailer using it with a snatch block, using the front bumper of the
1BFEB9D6-8882-4ED3-A404-04B02E3F5901.jpeg
ATV against the trailer as a deadman.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a hydraulic mechanical crimper. A welding supply can do it if someone didn’t have a crimper. They probably sell the connectors as well, but who knows what the would charge for those.

These hammer type crimpers work pretty good.

View attachment 308922

I would want a mechanical crimp over a solder joint. Of course, you could do both, but that’s overkill.
Harbor Freight has a really cheap hydraulic crimper that will give you much nicer terminations, but these will work ok if your connector is correctly sized for the wire you are using.

Latest posts

Top Bottom