Winchester 94 30-30 from 1955 - how did I do and what is value?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You got the better end of that trade, for sure. It's probably a quicker sell for a dealer for the AR-15 vs. the 94, but in a gun for gun trade, I'd take the 94 every time, especially a pre-64 model. Congrats.
Yeah that is how I felt. Most of the people at the show were looking to trade for the AR and for those that wanted to buy, there was no shortage of options. When I saw this one it kind of spoke to me and seemed like a nice piece to have to either keep or sell. Now that I have it I am leaning towards keeping it.. (if I can find some ammo for it).

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah that is how I felt. Most of the people at the show were looking to trade for the AR and for those that wanted to buy, there was no shortage of options. When I saw this one it kind of spoke to me and seemed like a nice piece to have to either keep or sell. Now that I have it I am leaning towards keeping it.. (if I can find some ammo for it).
I've got an AR I'll trade if you end up changing your mind.....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I were to keep this rifle, does anyone have a line on some ammo for it? Hate having a gun with no ammo.
If you have some and would be interested in trading some off for other ammo, let me know. Thank you
Good luck finding ammo for that fine looking rifle.
I recently acquired a Marlin 336 lever gun with no ammo but I reload and have brass available, so that will be my route.
Need to do a little research to see what the rifle twist is and what bullet is the most accurate from it.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck finding ammo for that fine looking rifle.
I recently acquired a Marlin 336 lever gun with no ammo but I reload and have brass available, so that will be my route.
Need to do a little research to see what the rifle twist is and what bullet is the most accurate from it.
I have thought about reloading f or it as well.However I have NONE of the components...ugh

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you did good OP.
Looks like some kind of aftermarket or shade tree gunsmith spacer between butt plate and stock.
Those old 94s with the skinny stock and metal butt plate are light and easy to carry but I'm wimpy. For me they aren't fun to shoot a whole lot with factory loads, even though the 30-30 isn't a super powerful round.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
If I were to keep this rifle, does anyone have a line on some ammo for it? Hate having a gun with no ammo.
If you have some and would be interested in trading some off for other ammo, let me know. Thank you
Keep an eye at Atwooods. It’s the only place I’ve seen any 30-30 in the last few months

Latest posts

Top Bottom