Winchester 94 gunsmith recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aa5b

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Pre '64 Winchester 94 that has intermittent extraction problems and weak ejection. Does anyone have any recommendations of a qualified gunsmith in the OKC area?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Before you look for a gunsmith, you might examine the bolt. Weak extraction and ejection issues often are a result of weak extractor and ejector springs. Google “winchester 1894 bolt disassembly” and you should get hits on how to remove the bolt. It’s easy; I did that to the one ‘94 I have, and had the bolt out within 15 minutes. Now that I know how it’s done, I could probably get the bolt out in less than a minute.

Once it’s out, check and make sure the springs aren’t broken or just plain tired.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before you look for a gunsmith, you might examine the bolt. Weak extraction and ejection issues often are a result of weak extractor and ejector springs. Google “winchester 1894 bolt disassembly” and you should get hits on how to remove the bolt. It’s easy; I did that to the one ‘94 I have, and had the bolt out within 15 minutes. Now that I know how it’s done, I could probably get the bolt out in less than a minute.

Once it’s out, check and make sure the springs aren’t broken or just plain tired.

+1 on this. Worst case scenario, you still have to pay a GS. Might as well YouTube your way through it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom