Winchester large rifle magnum primer question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I opened a new pack of Winchester large rifle magnum primers to do a ladder test yesterday primed the brass then loaded them and went to the range today when I shot each one I turned it upside down in the box and noticed some were silver some were gold is this normal?

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was doing a 10 shot test saterlee I thinks it is called where you look for velocity nodes anyway I came home and looked and there was one more silver one left the fired primers all looked the same as far as pressure sighns I didn’t even look at the color of them cause it was a new pack but I will from now on

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never seen mixed color primers.. but it could be as dennishoddy stated.
I look at each primer as I pick them up make sure the anvil is in it and after seating into the case I check to make sure all are seated all the way in.
Yes it takes me a while to reload my ammo.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never seen mixed color primers.. but it could be as dennishoddy stated.
I look at each primer as I pick them up make sure the anvil is in it and after seating into the case I check to make sure all are seated all the way in.
Yes it takes me a while to reload my ammo.
I always check to make sure they are seated also I don’t know how I missed the color

Latest posts

Top Bottom