Winchester Model 1907

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been watching the new AMC series The Son. The setting is 1915 with some flashbacks to 1850s. Several interesting firearms used on the show. The one that caught my attention was Pierce Brosnan's character wields a magazine fed semi-automatic carbine. Looked it up today and this is it. Cool rifle.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Model_1907
http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/14/old-school-winchester-model-1907-351-sl/

Looks like the French used a bunch of them in WWI. Shoots .351 caliber and was produced for 50 years.

4.bp.blogspot.com__P_jeQNrtsuM_T1lB1eeHgUI_AAAAAAAAAfw_L9WyTP0pWGo_s320_winchester_m07_600w.jpg

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I inherited a 1905 that was converted to 30 Carbine and refinished. Sure wish it was original. I think they are a classy looking weapon and I like the takedown capability.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool find. My Fil has a win 69 .22 made in the 30's that is magazine fed. When he was a kid in Kentucky, he had to put food on the table with it. The magazine was rusted in place so they had to load the mag from the chamber opening.
Inspected it for the first time recently and didn't get a chance to look down the bore, but its certainly a classic with the hand made brazed scope mount.

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I inherited a 1905 that was converted to 30 Carbine and refinished. Sure wish it was original. I think they are a classy looking weapon and I like the takedown capability.
At least you can find affordable ammo for it. I've been tempted by the 1907's but ammo availability and how they try to beat themselves to pieces has kept me from jumping in, but they just look so cool. Sooner or later I'll give in.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At least you can find affordable ammo for it. I've been tempted by the 1907's but ammo availability and how they try to beat themselves to pieces has kept me from jumping in, but they just look so cool. Sooner or later I'll give in.
Are they beating themselves to pieces because of excessive recoil? I'm not familiar with this model, but with gun functions in general, a gun that is beating itself to death is lacking the proper recoil spring or gas port.

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I recall correctly it's blow back operated action. "Beating themselves to pieces" may have overstated the case, but when I was shopping for them, a lot of them had cracks in the wrist of the stock. Recoil is supposed to be a little stouter than expected given the round they are firing. All that said, I'll probably end up owning one sooner or later. I really like their lines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom