Winchester Wildcat .22LR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shot my new Winchester Wildcat .22LR for the first time today. I like this thing a lot!! Lightweight and more accurate than I am with the provided sights. Used both the Winchester and Ruger magazines with zero issues. Fed it 4 different brands/types of ammo with zero issues --- standard velocity to high velocity and hollow points and regular. I'll probably install a 4x rimfire scope soon to aid these old eyes.

The easy to remove action makes cleaning a breeze. Call me a fan!

Wildcat 22 (winchesterguns.com)

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shot my new Winchester Wildcat .22LR for the first time today. I like this thing a lot!! Lightweight and more accurate than I am with the provided sights. Used both the Winchester and Ruger magazines with zero issues. Fed it 4 different brands/types of ammo with zero issues --- standard velocity to high velocity and hollow points and regular. I'll probably install a 4x rimfire scope soon to aid these old eyes.

I really like mine too. If anything, it's almost to lightweight. .22 has recoil??? What??

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really love everything about the gun that I’ve read; was looking at one of those to suggest to a buddy as his first 22lr purchase. Does the stock feel pretty good/rigid? How does it hold up against a 10/22?

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really love everything about the gun that I’ve read; was looking at one of those to suggest to a buddy as his first 22lr purchase. Does the stock feel pretty good/rigid? How does it hold up against a 10/22?

Well, The first thing to be aware of is that the receiver is polymer. This may or may not bother you.

As a result it is very light. (4lbs even) I only have 60 rounds through mine but once you get used to .22 having a little felt recoil it's fine.

More info
https://www.winchesterguns.com/prod...2/Wildcat-22-Current-Products/wildcat-22.html

My results at 25yds with the stock sights right out of the box. I was aiming at the #2.
Dollar coin is for size and the coin is just a hair over 1" wide.
(And yes, that's only 8 shots)

20201217_191029-jpg.184748

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You might give thought to this and I've never seen where @dennishoddy gave his opinion on it.. I like them enough that I have 3 of them.. The acss reticles are a fav of mine..
https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-6x-scope-with-the-patented-acss-22lr-reticle
I have a review here..
https://www.opticsplanet.com/primar...cope-with-the-patented-acss-22lr-reticle.html

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm interested to get my hands on one. I didn't preorder because well I think that stock is just too ugly. Lots of interesting features on these things for sure.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Stock feels sturdy. The only thing I really see that seems 'cheap' is the sights, of which I'll replace anyway. Really like that it has a picatinny rail vs a Weaver mount.

Would I buy it again? Absolutely! (Well, they've also came out with the threaded barrel version --- maybe that one.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom