Wind got my old one so here's my new flag pole

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just had it put up today. HD pipe with OU at the top. this thing is solid.
My other pole was a cheap replacement for one that a tree limb blew down and took it out. The replacement was one of the cheap Lowes telescopic aluminum and I hated it.
Windy today so I'll let the concrete cure two days before I put my flags up.

Attachments

• flag pole.JPG
    flag pole.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 58

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do think it is the camera angle. It looks to me like the top of the pole is lower than the wires.

At any rate, that ought to last SF for a long time. Looks good!!!
Thank you Terry. I've had a flag outside my house for over 30 years. Until the last few, I never allowed them to remain outside at night because they were cloth. I was lucky to be able to get a few that were flown over the US capital in DC and used them only on important days like Veterans day, 4th of July, when a local Vet dies or when the country is in morning.
Now, with the all weather flags, I leave them up. I change them out long before they show wear because that was how my family was raised. We have two sources that properly dispose of our flags according to the rituals afforded to what it stands for I'm 66 and never in my life did one of our flags ever touch the ground. It was so cool when my brother and I got old enough to do the flag raising/lowering and folding. It is still makes my heart beat faster thinking about it and I was 6 when I first got the right to do it.
We were poor but I had a great family.

Latest posts

Top Bottom