Wind is sweeping down the plain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Crap. Had yard work to do and had a plan for the day. 9 holes of golf and head to the range for 2 hours then mow/weedeat/blow ect..
Got 9 holes in and wind was great for excuses on bad shots but also created a few. Shot 3 over par on the 9 holes. I'll take it.
Loaded up the clubs and headed to the range. Wind was really having a go and pushing my target stand around. Too much for any decent shots. Packed up the stand and headed home.
Watching the Cowboys kick the crap out of PITT. Go Cowboys (Yes I do root for the Cowboys unless they are playing OU).
Now I get to spend the day mowing and explaining to my wife why I can't spray the flower beds, with the fire ant killer, in this wind. (This will be a discussion that I will lose and will be wasting 50 buck worth of spray....Ha!)
Will shoot tomorrow

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wind was really gusty, at times. Where my shooting range is located, it was creating a wind tunnel and was brutal. Ha.
Planned on shooting the creedmoor but I'd be just wasting ammo. Need to work with my ar and decide if I'm going to zero it at 100 rather than the 50 I have now.
Was going to try the 5.56 vs the .223 I've been shooting.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wind was really gusty, at times. Where my shooting range is located, it was creating a wind tunnel and was brutal. Ha.
Planned on shooting the creedmoor but I'd be just wasting ammo. Need to work with my ar and decide if I'm going to zero it at 100 rather than the 50 I have now.
Was going to try the 5.56 vs the .223 I've been shooting.

I'm a fan of the 49 yard zero. You're on at 49 and again at 219. You're never more than 2 1/8" POA to POI from muzzle to 250 yards. Keeps things easy and less guessing. Elevation rises after 250. Good luck though.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the 49 yard zero. You're on at 49 and again at 219. You're never more than 2 1/8" POA to POI from muzzle to 250 yards. Keeps things easy and less guessing. Elevation rises after 250. Good luck though.
Makes sense. The hold under at 100 yds is maybe 2" hold under (I'll check my range pics). Need to get my 100 yard shooting with the AR down and then I can see what it's doing at 200. I've shot it at 300 yrd steel and it hammers it.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yard is mowed. Yard has been weed eaten (not sure about that word), all power blowing has been completed and mums my wife bought are potted.
Showered and homemade chicken and dumplings was waiting for me.
Shorts and raggy T-shirt are the dress code for the night. Disappointed OU is on PPV but watching the play by play on Yahoo sports.
Dog in lap, God is in heaven and life is good.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yard is mowed. Yard has been weed eaten (not sure about that word), all power blowing has been completed and mums my wife bought are potted.
Showered and homemade chicken and dumplings was waiting for me.
Shorts and raggy T-shirt are the dress code for the night. Disappointed OU is on PPV but watching the play by play on Yahoo sports.
Dog in lap, God is in heaven and life is good.

Life is certainly good with that scenario. (use the Amdro granules on the fire ants.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom