Wind Turbine Fail: Texas Grid Operator Begs Texans to Turn Off Appliances During Peak Hours to Avoid Rolling Blackouts Amid Heat Wave,Very Low Winds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Headed to OKC, this morning. Huge wind farm north of Rush Springs had 6 fans turning. 6 out of 70-80 turbines.

We are being played.
We lost power for 2 hours, 1 -3, yesterday AFTERNOON. Lost power for 3 1/2 hours Friday evening, 6:30-10:00.
It's been that way for a long long time.
FJB

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the people in the news rooms have sweaty faces and sweat soaked shirts I will turn the AC up in my house a bit.
Usually 77 up stairs where I sleep so not chilly at all.
Will be chilly in the winter though.
77*!?!?! That's like Death Valley in the Summer. 70* during the day only because my wife gets chilly but at night going to bed it's down to 65*. If I sleep warm I don't get a good sleep.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe if the system was designed so that if generation in one area is low, it can be brought in from other generation areas ... like if there was an interconnected series of power lines and stations. Like a grid or something. Like, maybe that would account for if renewables in one area not producing as much. States could be linked together so that if wind in Texas is too calm, then power could be stable.

Oh....wait. We have a system like that that those idiots don't want to be a part of. Guess it's their own problem. They should probably do something about it before their secessionist vote in 2023 or whatever they are trying for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom