Wind Turbine Fail: Texas Grid Operator Begs Texans to Turn Off Appliances During Peak Hours to Avoid Rolling Blackouts Amid Heat Wave,Very Low Winds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The undeniable fact is that "going green" is untenable without a massive change in energy expectations. Sometimes the sun doesn't shine. Sometimes the wind doesn't blow. Sometimes the water doesn't flow.

So if they don't want to incentivize fossil fuel usage, they can either build a whole lot of nuclear plants (no new ones since 1996), or we can simply accept that when we need energy the most, there will be less energy available than needed. There is no free lunch in this game.

That's not the worst of it either. The real pink elephant in the corner of the room is HCC or Human Carrying Capacity. This whirling blue ball is going to run out of capacity well before we expend all the fossil fuels. We're doubling the global population every 50-75 years (estimated). The western United States is going to exceed water availability well before the oil and natural gas wells run dry, and where do you think they're going to come for more water when that happens?

So someone born today will experience some level of strife just trying to stay alive within their natural lifespan. Think about that.
Wars over water will be fought very soon around the world.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Screen-Shot-2022-07-24-at-12.13.32-PM.jpg

"On Saturday morning, during the heatwave that swept the East Coast, a new electrically powered public transportation bus caught on fire as it sat in the bus parking lot, according to fire officials."

For some reason, these paragraphs and the picture seem to be at odds with each other.

"“This historic law does so many great things that will benefit the residents of Connecticut, improving air quality and health outcomes while also helping to mitigate the climate crisis,” Governor Lamont said. “This is another great example of Connecticut leading on climate, particularly at a time when continued state leadership in this area is critical.”

“The measures in this unprecedented law mean cleaner air, better health outcomes, and reductions in our greenhouse gas emissions,” DEEP Commissioner Katie Dykes said."

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Geez, I work in oil and gas and have to laugh at the wind and electric car hate.

Texas incompetence is the issue, their power grid is a train wreck as is their governance of it.

Why do we always have to explain this to liberals.

Conservatives DO NOT HATE wind and electric cars. We hate government pushing them on us with mandates and unrealistic expectations and frankly flat out lies. We are ALL FOR any technology that can survive in the free market place of business ideas.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My homemade electric bicycle has not burned up yet :0
I did get a free 8x11 rug off of craigslist.
I got it home and it stunk like dog wizz.
I strapped it to the milk crate on the front of my bicycle and rode to the car wash.
Washed it really good both sides but now smelled like a wet dog.

I knew it would that is why I took the bicycle.
I rolled up that so0aking rug and began jumping on it to squeeze all the water out I could and strapped it down to the bike and went back home.

Turned into the neighborhood and about crashed.
Seems 70 lbs of wet rug on the front of a bike with not near enough rake will really turn quick.

Totally Awesome cleaner was used on it today and power washed it in the back yard hanging up.
Eventually the dog smell will be gone.

If I did catch on fire I could have used the dripping wet rug to smother it...... maybe.

Attachments

• rug 001.JPG
    rug 001.JPG
    449.7 KB · Views: 0

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last week we drove up route 3 to Kingfisher and only about 10% of the turbines in both wind farms were rotating and a couple of em looked like a wilted flower with the blades all folded up and hanging down.......and l agree we were sold a bill of goods on these with a 20 year service life vs cost of manufacturing, installation and disposing of em when they are worn out
I went through there yesterday and saw 1 turning.

Anyone know why all of them are shut down?

Seems like a strange time to not have them spinning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom