Wind turbines and chaos theory.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wind power has it's place in countries that have little of no oil. but in those area the energy prices are so high that the added cost associated with wind is ok. it doesn't make sense to me to subsidies the wind industry just to make the power they produce to be in line with our natural resources. if we only new just how much we pay for wind power??? if the wind industry had to sell their power at produced cost nobody would pay it.

I remember seeing an electric company booth (OG&E?) at the state fair when they were pushing for wind energy. The folks at the booth were getting people to sign up for wind energy electricity, and what they were showing was that one would pay a higher rate for the wind energy product. Especially so at that time, I recognized that there weren't going to be any "special dedicated electrical lines" going from the wind turbines to one's home, so how would anyone know they were really getting wind powered electricity?

Rustytigwire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not pleased to see the Arbuckles defaced with the turbines. Humans are like Starlings. Eat right here till full, s(xx)t on whats left then go find more. Pretty soon it is all crapped on.
Manifest destiny does not mean ruin it all making it "better".
Small minds rule.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember seeing an electric company booth (OG&E?) at the state fair when they were pushing for wind energy. The folks at the booth were getting people to sign up for wind energy electricity, and what they were showing was that one would pay a higher rate for the wind energy product. Especially so at that time, I recognized that there weren't going to be any "special dedicated electrical lines" going from the wind turbines to one's home, so how would anyone know they were really getting wind powered electricity?
I worked for OG&E at the time wind farm BS started. It was forced on OG&E by the Oklahoma Corporation Commission. We were in the process of submitting information for permits to build a new clean coal burner having already spent 1.25 million dollars for site and environmental surveys required by Ok and US government that we the rate payers had to pay for.
Those plans were scrapped when Merchant power plants that were built in anticipation of unregulated power like commiefornika currently has with rolling blackouts and wind farms were approved by the OCC, while turning down the clean coal burner.
OG&E was left with no option other than promote wind after that, knowing it can not now and never will replace base load power plants that stay on line day in and day out be it sunny/dark or with calm winds.
The Oklahoma Corporation Commission is the entity fingers need pointed at for your higher priced "green power".

Rustytigwire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember "Shovel ready"
We pay subsidy, interest, debt, 4 ever...

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.go...t-made-largest-single-investment-clean-energy

1653128090632.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom