Window Film

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve been looking at buying solar screens for the west side my OK house, because it faces east/west and gets ALOT of sun/heat in the afternoon. My wife read a post on a teacher message board about this stick on window film. The lady that posted it said it worked really good for her. It looks to me like it’s essentially do it yourself window tint for houses.

Has anyone heard of or tried anything like this?
https://www.amazon.com/KESPEN-Privacy-Anti-UV-Reflective-Black-Silver/dp/B07P7FKW8X

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just don't use it in high humidity areas because it will turn loose. Wanted to block view thru sliding glass doors for a indoor pool and installed it to only come loose and cause a adhesive mess. Other than that it worked good.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried a similar product on my office windows at home and didn’t have much luck with it. It would randomly start peeling off until in finally gave up and threw it out.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I installed some that was essentially clear but was reflective. I don’t know how to measure how it worked, but I’m sure it reflects some heat and UV.

It’s been on a few years without any issues and you can’t tell there is film on the windows.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been looking at buying solar screens for the west side my OK house, because it faces east/west and gets ALOT of sun/heat in the afternoon. My wife read a post on a teacher message board about this stick on window film. The lady that posted it said it worked really good for her. It looks to me like it’s essentially do it yourself window tint for houses.

Has anyone heard of or tried anything like this?
https://www.amazon.com/KESPEN-Privacy-Anti-UV-Reflective-Black-Silver/dp/B07P7FKW8X
I went with solar screens. They are just on the west side of house. It’s definitely the way to go.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went with solar screens. They are just on the west side of house. It’s definitely the way to go.
That all I’m looking to do is the west side. The reason the film intrigues me is because it’s pretty cheap, and the solar screens I priced weren’t. I started down this road last year and figured it would take several years of electric bill savings to justify the solar screens, so I dropped it.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That all I’m looking to do is the west side. The reason the film intrigues me is because it’s pretty cheap, and the solar screens I priced weren’t. I started down this road last year and figured it would take several years of electric bill savings to justify the solar screens, so I dropped it.
I bought the frames, solar screen material and made them myself. It’s not very hard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom