Windows 10 Free upgrade info for W7 and W8.1 users

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what i have read, 10 is supposed to be outstanding and much more user friendly as well as intuitive.

With all due respect, that's what they say about every MS release. After assing up the money for a Mac I can see why they have raving lunatic fans. I'm one of them now. MS will have to go through about 10 years of raving reviews before I'll ever trust them for anything serious. I probably will do the free upgrade from 7 to 10 as I absolutely have to run Windows in a VM for my work on occasion, but that crap is shut down if I'm not actually using it and I don't let it update a thing. I went through about 10 years of IT and never saw such BS with MS. The updates, service packs, etc may fix one problem but cause three more, their QC is ridiculous. I'm sooooooo glad I don't have those headaches anymore.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I do agree with that Shadow, I have yet to see any OS that dont require a bunch of updates on one form or other. The service packs are the ones that really irritate me to no end. They take forever and i'm not a very patient person. I dont use a computer or laptop that much anymore, so i don't see any sense in spending 2 to 3 times more on a Mac product than a MS product.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mac OS requires relatively few updates...and the updates occur so seamlessly that it's a non-issue. Seriously, give up the Piece of S%hit Windows and get a Mac. Use one for a year, and report back.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll have to pass. If i'm gonna drop a grand on anything it will be a new gun or reloading setup. My new hobby kicks the crap out of computers. :)

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should be ashamed of myself. I forgot to add a link to me fave techy site. Windows 10 goes back to the Windows 7 feel with some unique and much needed cross platform extras that allow running apps from Android, linux, and iOS. I will respond with a yes to that YukonJack. Although there will be some extras that many users will need to adjust to, it shouldn't be a painful experience. Here is another link for you all to peruse: http://www.techradar.com/us/reviews/pc-mac/software/operating-systems/windows-10-1267364/review

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I do agree with that Shadow, I have yet to see any OS that dont require a bunch of updates on one form or other. The service packs are the ones that really irritate me to no end. They take forever and i'm not a very patient person. I dont use a computer or laptop that much anymore, so i don't see any sense in spending 2 to 3 times more on a Mac product than a MS product.

I didn't either. Every time I'd run a windows box for about 1.5 years it would have such a corrupted registry it was time for a format and fresh install, but the hardware was out of date. I'd price the Mac and say to myself I can buy TWO state of the art, latest, greatest, fastest windows boxes for the Mac and I'd go get another Windows box. Did that about 4 times until I finally had had enough. Since buying my iMac I would have replaced it at least twice now. So are they really more expensive? Answer is a resounding NO. My iMac still does photo and video stuff fast and everything else is just as fast as the day I unboxed it and spent all of about 20 minutes loading the OS and configuring all my hardware. Literally, that's about what it took. I have thousands and thousands of photos for my work and they are big hi-res pics too. No anti-virus suites to buy and maintain only to have them pound your hardware and kill your speed either, they're just not needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom