Winter blues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember loading in the garage. Worked great for me.
I had a small heater I would crank up ahead of time.
Back then the cold didn't bother me much.
We added an insulated garage door and that made a huge difference.
These days my man cave make it possible to reload in the winter.
Like I said earlier I couldn't afford a building so the garage was a welcome site.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I have this room behind the garage to use for my reloading cave. Yes it's heated and cooled. Having the utility sink close will be nice.

ai157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_House_Inside_08252010461.jpg

Closer view of my corner.
ai157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_House_Inside_100_0592.jpg

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm having an itchy feeling that I'm going to fill up a room pretty quick! by the time I get the safe in and my reloading bench is 30"x60" and take 2 people to move! figure most of the trimming and tumbling will happen in the garage. Granted I'm not looking forward to the payments each month again I hope this closing happens fast as I'm going to replace the carpet ASAP the folks before had a dang cat that sprayed :bah: might even get a wild hair and paint too who knows depends on the cashflow :cry3: Later,

Kirk

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nikat does your wife know that room is back there?
If not you better hurry and put a wall up with a secret entry.

Kirk you need to talk to Nikat.
He's been doing what you're gonna be doing soon.
Nothing like a project to keep you busy htis winter.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Normally during the winter I'm knee deep in a trout stream someplace or out singing the dying rabbit blues it just happens to be the time of year I get out and do stuff, most everyone else has called it quits for the cold so I have a bunch of areas to myself or me and my little brother. This place is not going to be a permanent place just a fire off to bigger and better so things are going to have to be movable.

NikatKimber, an idea for you and your loading area. I had some plans drawn up that used the pre made cabinets like you would find at Home Depot or Lowe's for the base then also used the overhead cabinets with LED lighting below so your area would be well lit plus with the cabinets you have all sorts of hidey stashy places. Waht kind of flooring do you plan to use? I found this stuff that I think would be just awesome http://americangaragefloor.com/ but a good epoxy paint or stain the concrete would work well also. One thing I didn't see a door between your area and the crapper, might not be a bad idea ya know one evening of eating some good Mexican and a few beers might have you wanting to be outside after you spend a little time playing king :D Later,

Kirk

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With apologies to Mr. J&K, I am currently casting all the .45 bullets I can on these long, dark winter nights.

Rumour has it Mr. Claus is bringing a Lyman 4500 lubsizer (with heater). Figure I need a few thousand bullets ready when it arrives...

Odie1

No apologies necessary. Some enjoy the casting part of our hobby. Some enjoy the reloading part of our hobby. I don't necessarily enjoy either, but it affords me the ability to do the part of our hobby I do enjoy. SHOOTING!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
NikatKimber, an idea for you and your loading area. I had some plans drawn up that used the pre made cabinets like you would find at Home Depot or Lowe's for the base then also used the overhead cabinets with LED lighting below so your area would be well lit plus with the cabinets you have all sorts of hidey stashy places. Waht kind of flooring do you plan to use? I found this stuff that I think would be just awesome http://americangaragefloor.com/ but a good epoxy paint or stain the concrete would work well also. One thing I didn't see a door between your area and the crapper, might not be a bad idea ya know one evening of eating some good Mexican and a few beers might have you wanting to be outside after you spend a little time playing king :D Later,

Kirk

Kirk, we are going to peel/scrape/elbowgrease up the old linoleum, as it's half gone already, and paint the concrete.

And that rooms not a bathroom, what you're seeing is the utility sink; the washer and dryer will go just this side of that sink. I would like to put in a 1/2 bath type install there, as both bathrooms in the house are behind carpet. Since we're in the country on 20 acres, muddy boots are inevitable.

NK... I'm not too sure about the pink but the room is great!

LOL! The "pink" is a darkish ugly maroon. And it's going away. Not sure what I'll redo it in, but not that color!!

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Days like today make me wish I were off work.
Looks like a good day to get a dose of medicine for the blues.

That should make a fine little reloading hideout for you Nikat.
When I was younger I would have loved to have a private sanctuary like that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom