Winter dryness anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Curious if this is just my issue or if anyone else here tends to shrivel up like a prune in winter in OK? If I don't keep up with the lotion, lip balm, and nasal moisture gel on a nightly basis, I turn into a cracked and bleeding mess. This is despite drinking around a gallon of water a day (in addition to other fluids) and having a good dietary intake of healthy food.

I've pondered adding a humidifier to the air handler, but it would require running a water line up to the attic and I just can't get comfortable with the risk of leaks. I just run a portable steam humidifer in my main office which helps somewhat.
I have to put lotion on multiple times a day. And I use Burt’s bees for my lips. Okeefe’s is the best I have used for cracked and really dry skin. It’s expensive but it works. I would suggest getting that. I use it on everywhere not just my hands and feet.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lip
Balm is more addictive than crack. Almost as addictive as sex.
Yes. At one time there was a lawsuit against chap stick saying it was designed to be addictive. How, I don't know, and have no clue how that turned out.
I was certainly addicted to it until moving to the bees wax type of lip balm. My usage dropped by 90%, maybe using it once or twice a day vs once or twice an hour.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a type 1 diabetic, my skin is dry and flakey ALL the time. Corn Huskers Lotion is the best thing I have found. Not greasy, soaks right in. A nurse told me about it. They wash their hands a thousand times a day, she said it is not addictive like chapstick or carmex. Corn Huskers works great for me.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We always had Corn Huskers when I was a kid. My dad did concrete work which is brutal on any exposed skin and it really helped keep his knuckles from staying cracked and bleeding.

I treat dry skin like a healing tattoo. Aquaphor on the really bad spots and fragrance free lotion on the ashy spots. I have chronic nosebleeds and Aquaphor on a Q-Tip every night really helps keep them at bay.

Latest posts

Top Bottom