Wish I could find the “plumber” who did this II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt it was a real plumber. All this nonsense was done before we bought the house. They installed a drop in tub, installed like an alcove. So it leaked. Best part, instead of moving the drain, they hooked up to the old shower drain. (We assume it was a shower). They ran the drain uphill to get to it. It had a two inch rise.
They tied the 12/2 “20 amp dedicated” feed for the pump to an outlet in the room next door. They also installed the tub an inch away from the wall, then hid it by installing real wainscoting. It’s just so stupid.”
441C2F45-0989-41EE-8FEA-887B52CE45E6.jpeg

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a home built and hired a plumbing company to plumb and the photo the OP posted looks similar to the job the plumbers did for me. The water in the tub took forever to drain because they failed to properly place the drain in proportion to the tub drain.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know at one time I thought that stuff was odd, after going through an add on to our house, and some of the idiocy I've seen I'm starting to think people just don't give a ****.

The latest round is a brick "mason". The owner of the company is great, responsive, and fixes the issues, it's just crazy how people work.

We had them brick in around a new back door, and fill in where we took a door out. First day I discovered that the didn't pay attention to the detail on the soldier course, they re-did that. Second trip they filled in the door, first thing I noticed is that the ledge didn't slope like the other ledges, one less than 3 feet away. In addition you can see in the pic what really stuck out. That issue was fixed today as well as the ledge, except the "mason" didn't space the gaps equally amongst the ledge bricks so there is a 1+" mortar fill on one end. The will be back tomorrow...

brick2.jpg
brick3.jpg
brick.jpg
brick4.jpg

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt it was a real plumber. All this nonsense was done before we bought the house. They installed a drop in tub, installed like an alcove. So it leaked. Best part, instead of moving the drain, they hooked up to the old shower drain. (We assume it was a shower). They ran the drain uphill to get to it. It had a two inch rise.
They tied the 12/2 “20 amp dedicated” feed for the pump to an outlet in the room next door. They also installed the tub an inch away from the wall, then hid it by installing real wainscoting. It’s just so stupid.”
View attachment 319729
Wow, it’s obvious that he didn’t watch any YouTube videos. :lmfao:

Latest posts

Top Bottom