Wish me luck, please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a total shoulder arthroplasty in 2015 and didn't need any pain medication at all. Recovery was uneventful except that I couldn't raise my arm up until PT was about 6 trips underway. The only downfall was that the shoulder replacement failed and I have pain with it on a daily basis but it is tolerable.-at least for me with my pain threshold which is quite high apparently. You're in my prayers.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck @DRC458.......wishing you speedy and pain free recovery.

I don't like taking pain meds either because they make me feel groggy and constipate me big time but take your pain meds as required..........my back doc figured out pretty quick that I was not taking my pain meds because I never ask for refills and he would get on to me for not taking them explaining that they helped the healing process by allowing me to get a good nights rest.

I've probably got enough Loritab sitting around now to sedate a bull elephant that has been given to me for back pain and various other procedures and I picked up twelve more today that were prescribed by my dentist for use after a dental surgery tomorrow morning.

Again good luck and take your pain meds as required.

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know exactly how you feel. Left shoulder rotator cuff surgery in 2013...took a second surgery and 19 months to get back to work. Right shoulder rotator cuff and bicep tendon surgery in 2019...only took 11 months to heal. I didn't suffer much pain during rehab, it was just so slow and tedious.

I wish you good luck and quick healing.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's wishing you luck! I am going through something similar. Got the MRI Monday, full rotator cuff tear and partial bicep tear riding (crashing) the mountain bike, waiting to get in with the orthopedic Doc. Sucks not to be able to hold a pistol up without some MAJOR support from the other arm. Had bicep reattached on the other arm in 2001, it's been 100% since, no real pain from that one but after reading this, I'm dreading what's up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom