Wish me luck, please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Hate to hear and hope all goes well. I just keep putting mine off lol. Probably not much longer though. Not far away if you need anything.

big green chopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DRC458, I will send one up for you as well. I want to also mention something that I have found to be helpful. Without disclosing to much personal information here, I have quiet a few years in the Army and do a lot of strenuous training. I have seen the strongest of men inexplicably begin to have injuries start to stack up, and we always assumed that a state of fatigue and natural ware and tear just built up over time. We were wrong. To make a long story short, fasting does so much to restore health and enable your body's natural recovery. Obviously you cant do much of that when you are on opiates. And the catch 22 is, the opiates are making all of it worse in the long run. I'm not talking about some fad I heard about, I write from experience.

Regards

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Prayers your way! Been there done that 4yrs ago. Had both shoulders done 1yr apart. The surgery wasn't as bad as the physical therapy. I probably pushed myself to hard doing extra on my own trying to get back to normal as fast as I could. The first one before surgery I could no longer lift my arm above chest level. I have 100% mobility in both now but even after all this time only have about 50% of the strength that I had before I tore them. You have my sympathy don't wish that on anyone.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck Don, getting through the surgery and rehab. Everything I hear it's a painful process but you gotta do it.
I have more cedars coming up and need a shooting companion to take them out again!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My prayers are sent for a speedy recovery. I've had both rotator cuffs done for complete tears...right one is "okay" and left one is still only about 75%, and yes, I did the rehab faithfully. Hang in there.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked but we do not still have the shoulder cold pack machine thingamabob the wife used. She gave it to someone instead of loaning it out like I wanted. If we still had it I would offer to loan it to you.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery. When I was 15 I dislocated my right shoulder and almost the left falling off my bike. I haven't been the same since. If I lay in bed wrong my shoulder will hurt on either side. And if I hold my right arm against my body just right I can feel a bone poking into my ribs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom